No announcement yet.

Lmao! I found this hilarious...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lmao! I found this hilarious...

From Wikipedia: Once, when he (Jack Johnson) was pulled over for a $50 speeding ticket (a large sum at the time), he gave the officer a $100 bill; the officer protested that he couldn't make change for that much, Johnson told him to keep the change, as he was going to make his return trip at the same speed.

I thought that was pretty funny. He gave the office 100 bucks because he was coming back at the same speed.

ye i just finished reading Unforgivable Blackness: The rise and fall of jack johnson and that was mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by shobox View Post
      ye i just finished reading Unforgivable Blackness: The rise and fall of jack johnson and that was mentioned
      Oh yeah, was it good? They also have a documentary called Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson. Has anyone seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Freddi View Post
        Oh yeah, was it good? They also have a documentary called Unforgivable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson. Has anyone seen it?
        Yes. I suggest anyone that is interested in Boxing History to check it out, as it is a brilliant Documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
          Yes. I suggest anyone that is interested in Boxing History to check it out, as it is a brilliant Documentary.
          I think I'm going to watch it now. I read somewhere that was was rated as one of the top 5 sports' documentaries ever.

Comment

I think I'm going to watch it now. I read somewhere that was was rated as one of the top 5 sports' documentaries ever.
            No surprise. Beautiful story telling, music, editing, quotes etc.

Comment

very good book mate , i havent seen the doc yet but will definitely check it out

Comment

He had to have had a lot courage to do that, especially in those days.

Comment

i have had the documentary `Unforgivable Blackness" for around 8yrs it really is a great doc, what is surprising is the clip of Johnson shadow boxing, he is in incredible physical shape, he has arms like `Samson`a six-pack like Roy Jones and shoulders like a young George Foreman... an incredible physical speciman, yet lots of young members come on these boxing forums and claim that fighters back then was `a joke`and todays fighters are physically superior (laugh) i suggest they watch Unforgivable Blackness and then start posting on boxing forums

Comment

From Wikipedia: Once, when he (Jack Johnson) was pulled over for a $50 speeding ticket (a large sum at the time), he gave the officer a $100 bill; the officer protested that he couldn't make change for that much, Johnson told him to keep the change, as he was going to make his return trip at the same speed.

I thought that was pretty funny. He gave the office 100 bucks because he was coming back at the same speed.
                    dude was a BOSS

Comment

Working...
                    X