No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Foreman: Nobody Knew McGregor Until He Targeted Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    What those purses looking like? Numbers don't mean **** if you only getting 10% of the revenue. Conors a slave his biggest purse is 1 million dollars. And nate Diaz was well known b4 conor.Conor was fighting on the undercard of women UFC fighters.

Nate Diaz, who upset the UFC featherweight champion with a rear-naked choke submission in the second round, took home a guaranteed $500,000 with no win bonus.

^^^^That's some real life changing money rite there lmaoooo Maidaina made triple of what Nate Diaz made.
    Should have ended with a pic of fat maidana and all of his doe😂

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      They know him oh they do.

Hes the loudmouth that quit like a biatch vs diaz
      He was in a guilotine whatever it's called, he would have went unconcious anyway so very unfair to say he quit

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
        Yes, his opinion is stupid. No, the fact that there are many that agree with it doesn't make it any less stupid. History has proven that even enormous amounts of people can be suspectible to believing in stupid ****, and to be fair, most people in general are of average/below average intelligence. That includes you.

Literally nothing else you've said is anything I haven't already responded to. You keep asking the same questions and bringing up the same tired points ad nausem like you're bringing something new to the table and not just rehashing the same tired arguments that I've already gone over half a dozen times by now. I even re-quoted some of the stuff I already said just to refresh your memory and you still insisted on ignoring it and repeating yourself! There's no more use in arguing with you, you clearly have reading and learning disabilities on top of a double digit IQ.

And yes, you are a Floyd nuthugger. The worst kind.
        LOL so all these people are stupid but you're the intelligent one ? That's exactly how a stupid person thinks. You provided no facts or evidence to back up your claims. You just spit out some meaningless jargon over and over again. You couldn't explain how Ronda Rousey or Conor McGregor blew up in fame almost over night despite the fact that they had both been around for years. Maybe you're not just paying attention. Or McGregor's big Irish balls are so stuck in your face you can't see the truth.

Here is a video of Tito Ortiz, an MMA fighter and ex UFC fighter, basically backing George Foreman's claims.

You have an ex boxer and ex UFC fighter both saying Mayweather helped McGregor become famous. Stop being in denial bro. It's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          LOL so all these people are stupid but you're the intelligent one ? That's exactly how a stupid person thinks. You provided no facts or evidence to back up your claims. You just spit out some meaningless jargon over and over again. You couldn't explain how Ronda Rousey or Conor McGregor blew up in fame almost over night despite the fact that they had both been around for years. Maybe you're not just paying attention. Or McGregor's big Irish balls are so stuck in your face you can't see the truth.

Here is a video of Tito Ortiz, an MMA fighter and ex UFC fighter, basically backing George Foreman's claims.

You have an ex boxer and ex UFC fighter both saying Mayweather helped McGregor become famous. Stop being in denial bro. It's sad.
          They didn't "blow up in fame" overnight... As I explained a hundred damn times, their popularity and momentum grew overtime just as it does with everyone. It's pretty simple logic if you bother to follow how things actually are instead of looking at everything from a Pro-Mayweather standpoint.

You're the genius that thinks all you need to become a megastar around the world, capable of getting millions and millions emotionally invested in nearly everything you say or do, is to say you'd beat up the most popular boxer in the world if he ever stepped into a whole different sport. Sure. Right, buddy. With that kind of inexplicable level of stupidity and shallow simplicity, you should probably refrain from ever calling anyone a dumb-ass ever again.

Comment

The only thing about George that was special was his boxing. He sure as hell isn't any kind of mental giant.

Comment

They didn't "blow up in fame" overnight... As I explained a hundred damn times, their popularity and momentum grew overtime just as it does with everyone. It's pretty simple logic if you bother to follow how things actually are instead of looking at everything from a Pro-Mayweather standpoint.

You're the genius that thinks all you need to become a megastar around the world, capable of getting millions and millions emotionally invested in nearly everything you say or do, is to say you'd beat up the most popular boxer in the world if he ever stepped into a whole different sport. Sure. Right, buddy. With that kind of inexplicable level of stupidity and shallow simplicity, you should probably refrain from ever calling anyone a dumb-ass ever again.
              Ronda and Conor were growing in popularity over time but neither one of them were main stream stars until 2015. Why did it happen for them in that particular year? I even said that you didn't know who Conor was until two years ago and you didn't even deny it lol.

So both Ortiz and Foreman are wrong but you're right? That's just asinine ad shows your level of ignorance. Look at Kim Kardashian, one of the famous women in the world and she got famous because of a sex tape with Ray J. She has no talent or skills but because she was linked to another famous person she then became famous. That's how publicity works and that's how it has worked for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                Ronda and Conor were growing in popularity over time but neither one of them were main stream stars until 2015. Why did it happen for them in that particular year? I even said that you didn't know who Conor was until two years ago and you didn't even deny it lol.

So both Ortiz and Foreman are wrong but you're right? That's just asinine ad shows your level of ignorance. Look at Kim Kardashian, one of the famous women in the world and she got famous because of a sex tape with Ray J. She has no talent or skills but because she was linked to another famous person she then became famous. That's how publicity works and that's how it has worked for years.
                Why does anyone explode in popularity at a particular time? There are too many variables to take into account and they're nearly impossible to quantify completely. If deluding yourself with thinking "because Floyd" is what you sleeps at night, then go for it. But it's based on an extremely weak correlation with no evidence, and if we were in the court of law making our respective cases about this, your's would be laughed out of the courtroom.

And yes, they were both getting plenty of media attention before that, Ronda especially. In fact, the very first time they mentioned Floyd was because the interviews were the ones who brought him up to them, not the other way around.

Kim Kardashian was a socialite - just like Paris Hilton - and a lot of the general public are into those types of women for reasons I can't begin to explain. Add in the sex tape and it's pretty obvious why a stupid whore like herself with no talent or skills would be famous. It's not comparable to thinking someone in a whole different sport can become famous worldwide just by putting down Floyd. if it did, then a whole lot more people would be orld renowned stars right now.

Comment

Big George just doesn't even casually keep up with MMA. The KO over Aldo I'm pretty sure was the tipping point on McGregor's hype train.

That said- just like A LOT of boxers and boxing promoters- saying Floyd's name repeatedly has landed this dude a lot of press.

Comment

Why does anyone explode in popularity at a particular time? There are too many variables to take into account and they're nearly impossible to quantify completely. If deluding yourself with thinking "because Floyd" is what you sleeps at night, then go for it. But it's based on an extremely weak correlation with no evidence, and if we were in the court of law making our respective cases about this, your's would be laughed out of the courtroom.

And yes, they were both getting plenty of media attention before that, Ronda especially. In fact, the very first time they mentioned Floyd was because the interviews were the ones who brought him up to them, not the other way around.

Kim Kardashian was a socialite - just like Paris Hilton - and a lot of the general public are into those types of women for reasons I can't begin to explain. Add in the sex tape and it's pretty obvious why a stupid whore like herself with no talent or skills would be famous. It's not comparable to thinking someone in a whole different sport can become famous worldwide just by putting down Floyd. if it did, then a whole lot more people would be orld renowned stars right now.
                    I never said calling out Floyd was the only thing that helped Ronda and Conor become popular. That was just your interpretation of what I said. The main reason why they are so popular is because of the promotional push of the UFC. Promoters exist for a reason and there is a reason the UFC is now a 4.2 billion dollar company. They know how to make stars.

Being linked to Floyd is not the only thing that made them big, I never said it was, but it definitely did help them gain greater fame. In 2015 Mayweather was the most successful and highest paid athlete in the world, it made sense for other combat stars to link themselves to him. When Ronda was knocked out Floyd Mayweather's name was trending on twitter and Facebook because of the media feud. I know several people personally who did not know who Ronda was or watch her fight until the press started saying she could beat Floyd, and Dana White ran with this. After her beef with Floyd her pay per view numbers went into the 1 million dollar buy mark whereas before they hadn't gotten near that number.

One of Conor's most viewed videos on youtube is when he says on Conan O'Brien's show that he would "dismantle Floyd." That helped get his name out into the mainstream. He then fought Mendes and then fought Aldo which was hyped up as the biggest featherweight fight in UFC history. He and Floyd had a spat in the media after that and BAM: Conor was now doing over 1 million buys just like Ronda was before her demise.

You have to be clueless not to spot the pattern. All these UFC and boxing guys have noticed it but you can't.

Comment

Sorry Foreman....... people in the U.K. have been all over McGregor for years.

Comment

Working...
                      X