Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: Ward Mistreated By Media, HBO - Why Wouldn't He Retire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    ......he needs 3 more tune ups doe

....fight isnt gonna happen doe

.....he'll fake an injury doe

....he wont fight him doe

......he is Andrea Coward doe, he be clinching(kovalev commits dozens of intentional headlocks during the actual fight bwahahahahahaha)

this was months before the fight happened......now the fight happened and it was 3 FRIGGIN months ago....get over it

Some of you dont want their to be a rematch so you can criticize Ward for it.....yea retired coward...give kov back his belts....kidnapping belts lol.....in 3 months? if you dont think kov can do better, say so, and save us some time
    Took million tuneups before the first fight, got outlanded, dropped and turned the fight into a clinchfest which......................70% of viewers felt the champ deserved the win. Now, coWard is tossing up retirement talks because he knows he got a gift and in a rematch, Kovalev will show him zero mercy at all knowing the fight cannot go to the judges. coWard realizes this, the fear of GKTFO has set in.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Took million tuneups before the first fight, got outlanded, dropped and turned the fight into a clinchfest which......................70% of viewers felt the champ deserved the win. Now, coWard is tossing up retirement talks because he knows he got a gift and in a rematch, Kovalev will show him zero mercy at all knowing the fight cannot go to the judges. coWard realizes this, the fear of GKTFO has set in.
      You willing to bet on the rematch...

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        You need to change your name to truth spitta cause these posts are as real as it gets.

Ward was ripe for the picking. Inactive in a new weight class. HBO fed him the Brand tuneup to fatten the pig in preparation to be slaughtered. But Ward was having none of that. Dude got up off the canvas, smiled, shook his head and dug down deep to pull off the victory.

But I do think Hunter is exaggerating the media reaction. Although many had Kov winning it was only by a round. Every relevant boxing source has Ward ranked above Kovalev in the divisional and pound for pound rankings. When a robbery happens, they don't acknowledge it like in the case of Whitaker/Chavez when Pernell was elevated after the bum decision. This means that despite having a different scorecard, they understand that if they score 1 round differently, Ward takes the W.

True boxing fans understand the scoring system and can accept that a difference of opinion on a close round of two can change the outcome of a fight. Fan boys and people with agendas try to create an alternate reality to calm their emotions after the fight didn't go the way they had hoped.

GREAT post !

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
          It isn't just this here it's bias of actual boxing scribes and journalists too, Matt Christie of Boxing News UK stated he scored the fight for Ward from ringside and the guy sat adjacent to him was screaming blue murder during the fight for Ward to be penalised and grinning when Kovalev was having success, the dude became hostile when Christie told him he thought Ward had in fact won, screaming WHAT !!! In his face.

HBO commentary team are half to blame too they were so out of touch with the scoring of rohnds that's where all the bs has spawned from. The fight was clearly up for grabs going into the last and they were acting like Ward could not possibly win !

they are the cause/justification for most of the problems

competition is great, but I hope that PBC run that worthless network out of boxing

fk HBO and their manufactured network "darlings"..... they will continue to p1ss all over boxing as they attempt to manufacture "stars"

Comment

• That is an absolutely bonkers interview. That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard a boxing trainer say.

And it's a damn shame because it makes Ward look stupid too. I am actually starting to think Hunter pollutes Ward's mind. Andre is better than this bull****.

Comment

• Kovalev fans are not crying, golovtards are

you whiney cvnts NEEDED Kovalev to win

but now, here you are crying LMAO

all the bullshht..... all the excuses..... all the cool story bro's..... ALL amounted to nothing

you all NEEDED Kovalev to beat Ward, so that Golovkin could finally get a win over a world-class opponent

you all said Ward would duck Kovalev

then, you all said that Kovalev would KTFO Ward

when Ward punked lil'G, you NEEDED Kovalev to beat him..... to chastise him..... to teach the nasty Ward a lesson LMAOOOOOO

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                mistreated by HBO? holy sh#t dude you need to shut hte **** up! ward has gotten handsomely paid for tune ups on hbo, something they should not do and which damages their brand. they did it for ward. and ward's promotor almost surely lost money on that last ppv. ward didn't lose money!

ward needs to shut up and take the rematch. this is getting embarrassing. it's probalbly posture, but it's still an awful look. if ward retires we all know who he thought won the fight. the purses on the rematch should reflect the revenue the fight brings in. if ward's not satisfied with that he should shut the f#ck up and retire. it' snot what i want, but it is fair. you can't expect rocnation to lose money when you fight.
                Exactly how I feel, man. I'm a huge Ward fan too but with this interview, they've jumped the shark. I am starting to believe it's not even posturing anymore.

I also think it's reflective of a wider self-entitled attitude that most American fighters have. It's so off-putting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  That is an absolutely bonkers interview. That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard a boxing trainer say.

And it's a damn shame because it makes Ward look stupid too. I am actually starting to think Hunter pollutes Ward's mind. Andre is better than this bull****.
                  You are the company you keep.

Comment

• what a crybaby man buuuu they don't like me buuuu.......

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      they are the cause/justification for most of the problems

competition is great, but I hope that PBC run that worthless network out of boxing

fk HBO and their manufactured network "darlings"..... they will continue to p1ss all over boxing as they attempt to manufacture "stars"
                      This is true. Kellerman aside, the commentary team were so biased toward Kovalev to the untrained eye it made the decision seem like a robbery. Only Kellerman acknowledged Ward's successes in the fight. Everyone else only seemed to notice what Kovalev did.

Comment

Working...
                      X