Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinks vs Holmes I and II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very entertaining pair of fights considering they went 30 rounds and No one was ever in danger of getting stopped..

I thought they split the fights, with Holmes winning rematch

Comment

I know that was a hard decision for a trainer; to pick between his two fighters

Comment

Shoulda went with Holmes, so he could've kept the title and got that 49th straight win.

Comment

...............delete.
          Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-25-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

excellent fights, both of them. I thought Larry Holmes, the Easton Assassin, underestimated Michael Spinks Jinx, big time, in the first fight, but I thought Larry Holmes, got jobbed in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Mine too. Surprised judges didn't give him the first, since they usually are biased towards the champ. I guess they didn't like him.
              I think Larry's comment's about going for the 50=0 in regards to Rocky's ability which he immediately regretted and i believe apologized for just as quickly as he made them were never forgiven in the eyes of the judges.
              It is refreshing to see how larry in retirement has lost a lot of bitterness he seem to carry in his career. His recent interviews seem to show a person at peace with himself and the world.

Comment

Yeah well it's easy for him to be now, since he was smart with his money, investing in and running businesses in his hometown Easton, PA. I remember hearing him being interviewed on sports talk radio here in New York a few years back, around the time of the anniversary of his fight with Cooney and he seems in good spirits these days.

Comment

I had Spinks winning both fights closely, he was a terrific fighter.

Comment

These days guys fails at other sports and decide to take up boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X