Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: White on Rousey KO Loss: She's Devastated, People Were Crying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Comment

• Literally the funniest **** ever

Comment

• Quote:
        Originally Posted by JASON SHAW View Post
        broner is a 4 time 4 weight division champion.....big ****ing difference. This fat ass big mouth has beaten no one in her life really.... Arm bars on soccer moms dont count.....

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        she beat every top contender in the division for years. i don't remember broner doing that.
        Yep. I doubt any fighter is as pathetic of an example for the sport as Bonehead. Rousey got 'out there', obviously, but she did win consistently. Of course she has to get with a boxing trainer if she wants to continue... but even if she retires she'll be ok for a while. It isn't like she fought for peanuts.

Comment

• Where are the memes at my nigs?

Comment

• She need to stop crying and learn how to throw a punch... Her idea of throwing a punch is flicking her wrists and switching her hips. The funniest part last night was watching her intro video with all the lightening fast combos. If only she had boxing mitts for her opponent.

Correction, the funniest part was watching her getting rag dolled before the ref saved her life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Underestimating any fighting style in a legit fight is foolish. As a fan of boxing & MMA I do think boxing fans & boxers tend to be more foolish in this regard. Most MMA fans & MMA fighters have a healthy respect & appreciation of more fighting styles, including boxing...cuz you kinda have to in that business as you are actually dealing with multiple fighting styles.
              Fighting is all about knowing your enemy; if a fighter doesn't excel at this, sooner or later someone will expose that flaw. In this respect, a fighter's ego is their own worst enemy because, with success, overconfidence may set in.

Of course, it's okay to pretend to be overconfident (like Mayweather or Hopkins, for example) for psychological warfare purposes, but that should never leak into actual training. Fighters have to prepare for any style they face, or they risk suffering the consequences of such mediocre preparation.

Comment

• McGregor's New Year Resolution. No more "boxing" stuff!

Comment

• I don't know why she was crying...she earned $3 million...Nunes made $100,000. Nunes should be the one crying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                    There was this huge meme/photoshop thread on sherdog it was brutal lol.
                    Did you see the one where they shooped her beat up face on the fleshlight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                      She's literately the modern Royce Gracie. She came up during the dark ages and never evolved like the other fighters around her. IMO her greatest service is the same as Royce's; the exposure of mixed martial arts.
                      I was just gonna say this. Was dominant for a while and then fell fast when those around her made adjustments and improved, while she mostly stayed the same. Is also a pioneer, like Royce, being the one to bring women's MMA into the UFC and changing the owner's minds after Dana said they'd never bring in women. I just hope she doesn't come back when she's pushing 50 to fight Miesha Tate again like Royce/Shamrock 3. Probably not, since I doubt anyone would be calling her out. She'll now be remembered as one of the dominant fighters in the early days for women and will eventually be overshadowed pound for pound by someone who goes on an Anderon/GSP like run, like maybe Joanna Champion at strawweight, if she can get about 5 or 6 more defenses.

Comment

Working...
                      X