No announcement yet.

Amateur Records

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    I fought three times in one night in a state tournament (1984)... twice in one day at the PAL Nationals (1986)...and twice I had five fights in one week at the National Golden Gloves tournament (1987 and 1988)
    Hey John, question for ya. Fighters who have like say 1 pro fight and are fighting on ESPN, how much do you think they make, as opposed to non TV fights? 500$, 1000$?

Comment

I was rated as high as #3 in the USA (I was # 4 at the time I turned pro) and I defeated the #1 and #2 in the world. I was NOT the world champion as an amateur, I beat the world champion (Darin Allen) but we didnt fight for his world title. It doesn't really work like that in the amateur ranks.
      well thats stupid, you beat him you should have got the championship. amatuer boxing sucks

Comment

average 4 round fight for a average guy starting out, he makes 100 per round plus travel money

Comment

dLH was america's lone gold medalists in barcelona, I think one of dela hoya's amateur losses came from the same guy he beat in the finals of 92' olympics, was his name randolph from germany??

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
            dLH was america's lone gold medalists in barcelona, I think one of dela hoya's amateur losses came from the same guy he beat in the finals of 92' olympics, was his name randolph from germany??
            yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! knocked him out with his eyes closed

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
              That is correct he was undefeated for 5 years until losing to Randolph which he did avenge in the games.

Comment

Please be advised...AGAIN... I would say all or 99 pct. of these records are NOT ACCURATE.... I KNOW THIS FOR FACT.. number one, amateur boxing records are very rarely kept accurately and there is no ruling body that keeps stats... even with American amateurs... the records are not kept.. you can't go to the National office and get the records and there is no fightfax for them, either... the national office only keeps track of national tournaments, that's it..... and take Benitez for example... he turned pro at 14... he didn't have 130 or so amateur fights at that time, OK??....... Most of the amateur recoerds you see reported are LITERALLY some reporter asking a guy and the fighter making a guess..I know a kid who I know for a FACT had at least THIRTY losses in his amateur career over a ten year span... he was reported to the crowd (in the program), though, at a tournament as having a record of something like 145-4.....because they ASKED HIM and he just made a number up. That happens all the time, believe me.
                I know this is from long ago. But this quote is true. Alot of bull crap in amateur boxing decisions I know there is alot in my local lbc There is no way in hell, starting boxing from a very young age that you would get away with just 7-8 loses with over 100 fights. Example is a kid I know with about 20 fights right now, 12yr old with 7 loses. Watched all his fights, actually really only lost 3 got 4 bogus decisions 2 really bad ones with knock downs etc... and as he gets more fights it will not be the end of it. Amateur boxing is a bunch of volunteers and many judges don't know squat. So when I look at these amateur records, man, how did they manage that? It's impossible unless every fight was a stoppage or the kid had a name from the start. In the US in southern California it's definitely not perfect. Bad decisions left and right, no way unless you got a name already because I know kids like cash flow or Lil showtime are hard to beat even if you beat them. Amateur boxing rcords starts when you get your book as young as 8. Dont tell me these fighters came blasting out the gate too. Those records were made up. Usa boxing needs to get better these kids work too hard.
                Last edited by Alibata; 10-08-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

I want to get more information about amateur career of Ruslan Chagaev. Where can i get information? Please help me...

Comment

Working...
                  X