Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Could Be in Line For WBO Shot - When Canelo Goes To 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XDD Hey Cotto how about Gennady!?!?!? We're at 160. You gonna pay us 800k again to get out of your way??! Kneeguel stay taking Ks all day.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
      Actually Salka was Danny Garcia's cherry pick. Your confusing your puerto ricans
      My bad bro i meant to say delvin rodriguez
      Damb puerto ricans

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
        Lets see...rod salka, yuri foreman , sergio martinez, gomez..those are just a few easy fights....come on dude

Here's a list of Cotto's opponents over 4 different divisions. It is very important to note that this list consists of top 10 "Ring" rated fighters. Not to be confused with sanctioning ratings. These opponents were at the time, considered the top fighters in they're respective divisions. It's also important to remember that the competition at Jr. Welterweight, and Welterweight at that time, was far superior to most of today's divisions.

Jr Welterweight

Carlos Maussa, would later be ranked #6

Lovemore NDou, ranked #8

Demarcus Corley, ranked #9. Ranked as high as #3. Ranked among the top 10 Jr Welterweights for 6 years straight.

Ricardo Torres, ranked #10

Paulie Malignaggi, ranked #2 in 2007

Welterweight

Oktay Urkal, rank #10

Zab Judah, rank #5

Shane Mosey, rank #3

Antonio Margaritto, rank #1

Joshua Clottey, rank #5

Manny Pacquiao, rank #1

Jr Middleweight

Yuri Forman, ranked #6

Floyd Mayweather, ranked #1

Austin Trout, Ranked #3

Middleweight

Sergio Martinez, ranked Lineal Champ

Daniel Geale, ranked #5

Saul Alvarez, ranked #1 at Jr Middleweight when fight occurred.

Cotto was not favored for most of these fights, including Sergio Matinez, and Yuri Forman.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          How long is Cotto going to keep fighting? I don't mind having him around but I'd hate to see him grab a title, then get selective about who he's fighting.
          That's my fear exactly. I've lost a lot of respect for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
            That's my fear exactly. I've lost a lot of respect for Cotto.
            I really don't know why. Check my previous post. Cotto has fought and defended his titles against top rated opposition since 2003. Through out an 11 year span he only went 2 years with out fighting a top 10 Ring rated opponent, and one of those years was due to a shoulder injury which he fought through for years and finally had it surgically repaired. Having said that, I would prefer to see Cotto chase big fights with big names rather then chasing a vacated belt. I actually would like to see him go all the way back to Welterweight and win another title. Many fighters can move up multiple divisions and win, but not many can move up and then back down to win again. That is extremely difficult, remember how Roy Jones was never the same when he came back from heavyweight? I think that feat would be major for Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
              When has Cotto ever went for a easy fight? He doesn't!!
              He has alway fought top competition. He fought Pac at catch weight when he was already having trouble at making 147. Fought Margarita when others where to afraid. He has always fought top of his division regardless of the odds. The only person he didn't fight that was a top name in his era was Oscar.
              I don't know why so many people dislike him but he has always been a warroir. Always gives a good fight except maybe one and tgat was against Trout where it looked like he gave up.
              So again, what is wrong with Cotto?
              Sorry that wasn't meant to be a shot at Cotto, he is a true warrior I just think he has nothing left to prove. He really should retire but if he fights again he would want to go out on a win.

Comment

Cotto's disgraceful behavior should ban him from any title challenges in the future. The ****er just sits on the belt and doesn't fight anyone with a pulse.

I'd love to see Kell Brook send his ass into retirement.
                Last edited by TheCell8; 10-01-2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Mulder View Post
                  lol @ cotto fighting anyone with a faint pulse. Just stop it already.
                  True, he should be fighting top level warriors like Canela has been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                    Here's a list of Cotto's opponents over 4 different divisions. It is very important to note that this list consists of top 10 "Ring" rated fighters. Not to be confused with sanctioning ratings. These opponents were at the time, considered the top fighters in they're respective divisions. It's also important to remember that the competition at Jr. Welterweight, and Welterweight at that time, was far superior to most of today's divisions.

Jr Welterweight

Carlos Maussa, would later be ranked #6

Lovemore NDou, ranked #8

Demarcus Corley, ranked #9. Ranked as high as #3. Ranked among the top 10 Jr Welterweights for 6 years straight.

Ricardo Torres, ranked #10

Paulie Malignaggi, ranked #2 in 2007

Welterweight

Oktay Urkal, rank #10

Zab Judah, rank #5

Shane Mosey, rank #3

Antonio Margaritto, rank #1

Joshua Clottey, rank #5

Manny Pacquiao, rank #1

Jr Middleweight

Yuri Forman, ranked #6

Floyd Mayweather, ranked #1

Austin Trout, Ranked #3

Middleweight

Sergio Martinez, ranked Lineal Champ

Daniel Geale, ranked #5

Saul Alvarez, ranked #1 at Jr Middleweight when fight occurred.

Cotto was not favored for most of these fights, including Sergio Matinez, and Yuri Forman.
                    Funny thing is people said Yuri was going to Margarito Cotto into retirement.

Comment

Hell Yeah another vacant title baby! That's how we do!

Comment

Working...
                      X