Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Destroys Radosevic in Two; Canelo Showdown is Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    Go for Brook. Canelo has a better hook to the liver. Brook has eliminated all his mandatories, there are no more threats to his title, he needs to move up.
    ...not while Errol Spence is gunning for him. Eventually, he will have to fight Spence or move up...or vacate I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      What does golovkins resume have to do with the fact that canelo is blatantly avoiding the fight,and it seems that he'd rather fight a far more unknown and limited fighter like Smith. As bad as golovkins resume seems to some people,it doesn't change the fact that several fighters have avoided him like the plague,and canelo happens to be the latest one. As for trout,lara cotto fights,at no point was canelo at risk of getting ko'd,because those opponents were either 1. Undersized 2.past prime or 3.light hitting. I said it once that if canelo fought golovkin at 160 and beat him,id give him all the credit in the world. But it seems that canelo suddenly wants to return to 154,a weight he hasn't fought at since 2013. Whether this is due to someone that can hand him a beating being at 160 is pure speculation,but there seems to be a strong correlation.
      Absolutely right. In the sport of boxing, it takes 2 to tango...GGG can't prove himself against the doubters if no one good never wants to get in the ring with him. The critics will always focus on resume, & the boxing fans will always say prove it, prove GGG isn't the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I like Liam Smith as well as his brothers, I really like Callum a lot I think he is the best of the Brothers but Liam not ready for Canelo, I think he gets Brutally Knocked Out! He really doesn't do anything that can give Canelo problem and also despite being a World Champion he hasn't fought ANYONE
        Absolutely right about Canelo/Liam Smith potential fight. When Canelo can have his choice of any of the 154 champions, he would choose the weakest one? Emphasis: Canelo can get any of the top 154 guys no problem. But he would choose Liam Smith?...it would be a total letdown.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Does anyone believe that Canelo/Smith will be PPV? IDK if GBP has the nerve.
          If that fight is made, GBP will definitely try to bill it like some kind of mega-clash for Canelo on ppv. How else would they treat their only golden egg?

Comment

Smith vs Canelo would be a great fight. I don't think Smith would win, because Canelo would have that size advantage working for him, and the hometown scoring, of course. But Alvarez is not a destructive puncher, and he's there to be hit, so you never know. Definitely worth a shot for Liam.

Comment

The diva beats this dweeb up, mismatch!

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                everyone said canelo was ducking trout, then lara, then cotto. and now GGG

name 1 fighter that GGG fought that is on the level of lara or cotto or even trout?

and a GGG fan name one? or will they run around the question and say canelo is ducking?
                That should make him easy money for Conyellow, no? I mean if GGG hasn't fought elites then Conyellow would be too much for him. Or are you another fan defending him for acting like he's a sanctioning body. "Work your way up" bull*****.

Comment

el fraude pollo alvared will make 154lbs and come in at 180lbs on fight night.

Comment

The guy who is ready to fight and still has that lineal MW belt is going to fight another undersized dude? If Canelo doesn't fight a legit MW next he can forget about his legacy and a big chunk of his fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                      What does golovkins resume have to do with the fact that canelo is blatantly avoiding the fight,and it seems that he'd rather fight a far more unknown and limited fighter like Smith. As bad as golovkins resume seems to some people,it doesn't change the fact that several fighters have avoided him like the plague,and canelo happens to be the latest one. As for trout,lara cotto fights,at no point was canelo at risk of getting ko'd,because those opponents were either 1. Undersized 2.past prime or 3.light hitting. I said it once that if canelo fought golovkin at 160 and beat him,id give him all the credit in the world. But it seems that canelo suddenly wants to return to 154,a weight he hasn't fought at since 2013. Whether this is due to someone that can hand him a beating being at 160 is pure speculation,but there seems to be a strong correlation.
                      Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                      This is a bad argument because without a willing opponent, how can he prove anything. Every great boxer that got to where they are got their shot from better known fighters in order to make a name for themselves. And here is a boxer in Canelo that could have either proven GGG was a hype train or the real deal...so, you should be asking the GBP why they aren't putting their fighter in there against what many perceive as a hype train. Shouldn't a guy considered to be a hype train be getting all kinds of offers from boxers who want to expose him?...so far, crickets from most. Comparing resumes is all fun & dandy, until the boxers get in the ring.
                      Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                      That should make him easy money for Conyellow, no? I mean if GGG hasn't fought elites then Conyellow would be too much for him. Or are you another fan defending him for acting like he's a sanctioning body. "Work your way up" bull*****.

see how no one could answer my question and just gave me the run around. fact is canelo is a bigger draw and can do what he wants.

why did GGG fans say ward is less of a draw then GGG therefore he cant demand anything yet the same doesnt go for canelo?? remember when GGG said he would fight froch or chavez at 168 but ward at 164 and ward said "no lets do it at 168" and GGG fans quickly jumped and said ward is not a big draw therefore he cant demand stuff lol.

i know you guys will once again do the run around and say "well canelo is a 160 fighter and blah blah blah"

but canelo is still a bigger draw therefore GGG cant demand anything right? the same thing you guys claim for ward for GGG.

all the pac-tards were ok with pacs many catchweights.

here up and give me the run around boys,

Comment

Working...
                      X