No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Tears Through Chris Algieri In Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Malo. View Post
    Seems like Algieri just doesn't know how to fight southpaws. Great win for Spence, I just hope they keep matching him with strong opposition
    Algieri was never going to beat Spence unless he could maintain distance. Once Spence could get into range whenever he wanted, the fight was over. Spence is a big puncher at welterweight, Algieri isn't a big puncher anywhere.

Comment

• I think Spence KO's Khan.

Comment

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        Difference being that Porter is huge and physically strong, Spence is not as big Porter and neither will he walk through the punches that Carson Jones did. Let's not forget what Brook did to Jones in the rematch aswell.

I don't see the point of bringing up those scenarios, whichever way you see it there is no doubting that Brook is a step up from anyone that Spence has faced, I don't see it the other way around though, not yet atleast until he faces some adversity. Spence did what he supposed to do against Algieri and he did it well. Brook is everything Algieri isn't however. It looks a 50-50 fight and I'm glad its a mandatory (IBF making it even better) so we won't have to wait long.
        You don't have to be huge, physically strong or take unnecessary shots if you have superior skill and defense the way Spence has. Everytime he stalks, its very controlled, behind a high guard from a defensive contruct. Not comparing the two but think Duran, Chavez Sr, GGG etc. Theres a such thing as smart pressure. And where are u getting this "Spence is small" stuff from? Last time i checked hes nearly 5'10, pushes all of his opponents back with his strength and has spoke of going to 154 on several occasions, and likely will be at the weight in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by kej718 View Post
          Was it a pretty good sized crowd?

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
            You don't have to be huge, physically strong or take unnecessary shots if you have superior skill and defense the way Spence has. Everytime he stalks, its very controlled, behind a high guard from a defensive contruct. Not comparing the two but think Duran, Chavez Sr, GGG etc. Theres a such thing as smart pressure. And where are u getting this "Spence is small" stuff from? Last time i checked hes nearly 5'10, pushes all of his opponents back with his strength and has spoke of going to 154 on several occasions, and likely will be at the weight in the near future.
            Spence's defence so far looks decent, wouldn't say superior as he's comfortably tagged by a number of his opponents. That's why people want to see him in with someone who can punch.

You read my post again and tell me where I said Spence is Small. I said Porter is bigger than him, which most would agree with. Spence is a big welter but he won't have a size advantage over Brook the way he did with Algieri (an ex-140 lber).

Comment

• Jealous much?

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
              Algieri is garbage man.

Now the over hyped Spence bandwagon begins. They better keep him away from Brook.
              Lol, why are you so hateful and jealous? Give credit where it is due. There is nothing "overhyped" about Errol "The Truth" Spence. The only thing overhyped here is the hate festering from your mouth.

The kid can flat out fight! No and's, if's or buts about it. Let me guess you must be a little g or Kovalev fan?

Lighten up, there's no need to be so jealous over the success of another man's promising career.

Comment

• Very impressive, the hype surrounding Spence looks like it has been accurate. Brutal body punching and the finisher was fantastic to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                  do you really think spence would take the fight if there was a millionth of 1% that he might lose?? these young cowards in WW will never fight each other. I do not know what will happen to the WW division
                  That's why Spence wants Porter, Thurman, Garcia and Brook because they don't have a shot

Comment

• I thought he looked great. Fantastic balance and mechanics.

Comment

• Bud Crawford. Great fight. Who do you like?

Comment

Working...
                      X