Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "Pac-Man" Pacquiao vs "Desert Storm" Bradley 3 Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    Pacquiao's coming off a loss to one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Bradley's draw was a robbery. He beat Chaves going away and his loss is to Pacquiao.

Every rankings authority has Pacquiao and Bradley 1-2 except the RING which has Brook #1. Under no circumstance is Brook the #1 WW in the world. I will copy and paste my findings from the lineal thread I started back in 2015.

Pacquiao last 5 opponents rankings according to TBRB before fight: 3-2
    #1 WW Mayweather (decision loss)
    #3 JWW Algieri
    #2 WW Bradley
    NR Rios
    #7 JWW Marquez (knockout loss)

Bradley's last 5 opponents rankings according to TBRB before fight: 3-1-1
    #10 WW Rios
    #7 JWW Vargas
    NR Chaves (draw)
    #4 WW Pacquiao (decision loss)
    #2 WW Marquez

Brook's last 5 opponents rankings according to TBRB before fight: 5-0
    NR Gavin
    NR Dan
    #6 WW Porter
    NR Robles
    NR Senchenko

Thurman's last 5 opponents rankings according to TBRB before fight: 5-0
    NR Collazo
    NR Guerrero
    NR Bundu
    NR Diaz
    NR Karass

Porter's last 5 opponents rankings according to TBRB before fight: 4-1
    #9 JWW Broner
    NR Bone
    #9 WW Brook (decision loss)
    #10 WW Malignaggi
    #6 WW Alexander

Khan's last 5 opponents rankings according to TBRB before fight: 5-0
    #3 JWW Algieri
    #9 WW Alexander
    NR Collazo
    NR Diaz
    NR Molina @ JWW

Brook has fought 1 top-10 rated opponent in his entire career. Thurman has never fought one. Porter has faced decent comp but he lost to Brook. Khan is inactive. I don't see how you can make an argument for any WW to be ranked over Pacquiao or Bradley at 147.
    Not a robbery in my eyes. Draw was fine for me.

Ok again I don't see how a guy that's 3-2 and a guy that's 3-1-1 in their last 5 are the consensus #1 and #2.

If there's a division that's wide open then it's WW.

Comment

• #PacBradley is the #1 trend on twitter. Boxing is dead!!!

Comment

• Some of you guys are legit blind.

There is no universe where this fight could be considered close.

Bradley did almost no damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          floyd hardly countered pac at all in their fight. almost all his punches were lead punches and not very clean at that since pac was picking them off but flyod still got credit for some reason. floyd was just too scared to go for the counters. instead when pac came foward he held or bent completely over at the waist and looked at the canvas. he couldn't deal with pacs speed. thats why manny was hitting him flush so often. it was either get hit or do the clinching/bending over thing. he got the decision because of the "fight flow" as you call it because it certainly wasn't based on clean punching.

agree with your points. if anyone scored that fight for floyd (i certainly didnt), it would had to have been on some technicality like "fight took place at his pace", cos pacquiao certainly won the clean punching and overall punches landed count (numerous youtube videos point to this clearly).

I think its fair to argue that bradley actually hurt pac more than floyd did lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyman View Post
            agree with your points. if anyone scored that fight for floyd (i certainly didnt), it would had to have been on some technicality like "fight took place at his pace", cos pacquiao certainly won the clean punching and overall punches landed count (numerous youtube videos point to this clearly).

I think its fair to argue that bradley actually hurt pac more than floyd did lol.
            The last time you posted was in May of 2015. Gee, I wonder...

Saaaaaaaaaalty.

Comment

• Anybody who has this a close or a Bradley win is just dumb or hate on MAnny. Manny outboxed, outbrawled, outspeed out anything u want Bradley. I gave Tim 3 rounds but could have give him 4 MAX. 1 KD was a slip thats for sure but Manny just beat him easily.

Comment

• Well, what can I say.

Speed kills.

The real Atg has done it again!

Now that's how you end a stellar career! Cough cough! Berto.. Cough.. Cough..

Hats of Pac for giving us exciting fights even if your opponents tend to run and hide. You still find ways to make it exciting.

Cheers!
                Last edited by Spoon23; 04-10-2016, 05:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  floyd hardly countered pac at all in their fight. almost all his punches were lead punches and not very clean at that since pac was picking them off but flyod still got credit for some reason. floyd was just too scared to go for the counters. instead when pac came foward he held or bent completely over at the waist and looked at the canvas. he couldn't deal with pacs speed. thats why manny was hitting him flush so often. it was either get hit or do the clinching/bending over thing. he got the decision because of the "fight flow" as you call it because it certainly wasn't based on clean punching.
                  Originally posted by Toyman View Post

CompuBox suggests otherwise.

Comment

• Better than Algieri

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                      CompuBox suggests otherwise.

Oh the rigged compubox.

Case in point.

#This gif shows how inaccurate compubox is and how the eyes can be fooled into thinking who hit who in real time. If you blink you won't catch the punch that really connected in this exchange. Guess who got one in? Yep, it's not floyd it's Pac as always. The right jab went in straight to Floyd's jaw. While again Floyd had to foul and push Pac's head so he can stop Pac from heating up. And as usual the hometown boy gets the point in the compubox.

Compublind, that's another way of putting this manipulation of perception.

Floyd's cowardly excuse for boxing queer that night, was an exercise of how to rip off boxing fans with their hard earned money, set in the biggest stage of boxing ever.

The architect of the art of run and hug tactics is a recipe for an energy diffusing bore fest fight that should not be associated with the legends of the game who has given us treasures of epic battles to enjoy.

Sadly, Floyd's performance was not one of those. His was designed to create an illusion that running and hugging is enough to win a bout as long as Vegas was on his side nothing was impossible. As we now have witnessed. The biggest sports heist in history happened.

# If someone needs to redeem himself it's Floyd

Comment

Working...
                      X