Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Chavez Jr at 160 next year. This should happen. Will you wanna see it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd only has a couple of fights left in him.. Why would he go to 160 for fights when he's a big name at 47 or 54.. idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
      Depending on how Jr does in May, this fight should happen.
      This is Floyd's Iran Barkley. Jr despite all the backlash still have a chance at going on to becomeing a great champion.
      I mean seriously, who won't pay for this fight? This fight is >than Floyd vs Martinez at 160.. for the casuals at least.. It's arguably bigger than Floyd vs Canelo.
      Jr is probably a tier below the Barkley that fought Duran (atm at least) so Floyd's got a great chance.

Martinez vs Jr will not be anywhere near as big as this. This is legacy in the most epic of meanings.
      First off this is not bigger than Mayweather vs Martinez to casual fans, maybe similar to Canelo, but I still wouldn't think so.

Secondly Floyd's natural weight is 147, as evidenced in the Cotto fight where he lost weight on fight night an is 5'8. Chavez comes in over 180 close to 190 if rumours are to be believed and is 6'1, so your expecting Mayweather to take a fight where he will be nearly 40 lbs smaller than his opponent and 5 inches shorter? I don't think so

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        huh? this is a fantasy matchup quite obviously as far as I'm concerned we all know this fight would never happen. My comments still stand.
        You're right, Chavez can barely make 160 right now, and I think Junior would probably die if they stopped him from rehydrating fully for fight night. He looks like an extra for the thriller video when he's weighing in. Fight will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
          Depending on how Jr does in May, this fight should happen.
          This is Floyd's Iran Barkley. Jr despite all the backlash still have a chance at going on to becomeing a great champion.
          I mean seriously, who won't pay for this fight? This fight is >than Floyd vs Martinez at 160.. for the casuals at least.. It's arguably bigger than Floyd vs Canelo.
          Jr is probably a tier below the Barkley that fought Duran (atm at least) so Floyd's got a great chance.

Martinez vs Jr will not be anywhere near as big as this. This is legacy in the most epic of meanings.
          You got to be a 12 year old kid writing this up.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            And while we're at it, Floyd should fight Ward at 168.
            and why has Floyd ducked the Klitscho bros all these years? Its only 100+ pounds...........LOL

Comment

There are two camps when it comes to Floyd.
              One is the hater camp that wants to see him lose no matter what.
              The other is the camp that respects his skills but wants to see him take on bigger challenges than he has since 2007.
              OP just created a third camp that is so delusional that they clearly want to see Floyd incur serious bodily damage. Its the only explanation for this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                There are two camps when it comes to Floyd.
                One is the hater camp that wants to see him lose no matter what.
                The other is the camp that respects his skills but wants to see him take on bigger challenges than he has since 2007.
                OP just created a third camp that is so delusional that they clearly want to see Floyd incur serious bodily damage. Its the only explanation for this thread.
                Lol nice post. But yes in all seriousness, Chavez would end Floyds career. Has anyone seen the size of that mofo! He seriously looks like a cruiser, he'd just walk straight through Floyds punches and bash him up all over. In the end Floyd wouldnt even be able to keep his hands up.

Comment

Chavez would destroy him. He is way too big for Floyd. This fight will never happen.

Comment

This stupid thread is still going?? People who entertain the idea of freakshow weightclass jumps like this voulentarily divulge their lack of boxing knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                    X