Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you fight a fight that you were expected to lose?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you fight a fight that you were expected to lose?

Hey guys my next potential opponent has had 15 fights....has fought some of Pat Miletich's guys.....very well rounded. This is my 3rd fight. Would you go into a fight knowing you were a huge underdog or would you wait and get a better matchup?

Sure -- it's a great way to test your ability.

Comment

I'd do it......

Comment

Remember I did this last time and I got beat.

Comment

Well, your last fight was a CLOSE fight. You DID put up a strong fight. So, I wouldn't discount your achievement.

But, why'd you wait so long to decide that maybe someone with 15 fights is too advanced for you?

Comment

Look at Big Daddy bro
            Smoked Bernado
            Was Wanderlei supposed to beat Sak?
            Was Quinton supposed to beat Igor?
            You can do it
            If you lose? So what it gives you good experience and something to strive for

Comment

go for it bro! just train yer ****in ass off.
              if you lose then everyone won't trip cause this guy was so much "better" than you.
              but if you WIN the your career should skyrocket!!!

give it your best & good luck!

Comment

the way i see it is. iof you put on a good show it dont matter if you loose, especially if your the underdog.....but if you win then ppl will say hes ****en good he beat a ****er whos had 15 fighths etc etc

go for itt

Comment

Well, my first opponent was over 195 lbs and couldn't drop weight so then I got possibly matched with this dude that had 15 fights. I was going to take it but then I got a call tonight with my definite opponent. He is 3-0 and just won the Gauntlet Trials which was an amateur tourney where the winner goes to nationals. So- this is still a good opponent but its more even I guess. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

And stev yeah I did do well against the BJJ purple belt but its a mental disadvantage when you know you are the underdog.

Comment

I thought I was going to lose when a guy busted me in the teeth with his elbow, but I regained composure and drilled the ******* in the jaw, then went in for the rib shots. He got thrown out of the bar, and I got free drinks.

Comment

Working...
                    X