Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Thurman The Forgotten Man On The Pound For Pound List?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
    Terence Crawford has never been in there with someone like Shawn Porter or Danny Garcia.

That's all i'm going to say.
    what makes those guys so special? postol beat matthysse(garcais best win) and then crawford fought him next. thurman fought garcia years later and at a aweight garcia had zero good wins at. indongo ko'd a reigning undefeated champ. porter beat malignaggi, broner, and alexander. al 3 guys recently had come up from 140. he then lost to brook and thurman so you seem to be overrating these guys as welterweights. if porter or garcia had just beaten a spence, brook, or horn then yes you would have some quality there but they didnt.

Comment

If Thurman beat Spence he’d def be too 5 P4P. That’s the fight that has to happen. Not really interested in seeing him against anyone else.

Literally in trying to think of other people he could fight, I just realised how shallow welterweight is at the moment. First time in a long time!...

Comment

Undefeated
        Great resume compared to others
        Unified champion

He belongs in the p4p list

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          is garcia a special ww now? hes done nothing there and looked bad for years before the fight.

those guys are at least as good but just because they arent american stars with american ty hype means they arent world level? indongo ko'd a reigning champ. garcia beat guerrero who lost like 7 of 8 fights to become champ hmmm. ae we also forgetting how terrible he looked against herrera and peterson. you are thinking of gacia as the guy who beat matthysse controversially and khan but that was a long time ago. hes at ww now and has looked rubbish for years. speaking of peterson hes the guy that diaz was completely robbed against. porter and garcia have name value cause they beat guys like broner and guerrero but i dont think they were as dangerous.
          yeah but sitll people were tipping him to win, as i said that was the catchphrase on here 'garcia finds a way to win, he fights to the level of his opponent'. that reigning champ who indongo had beat had fought noone. garcia, porter, collazo, chaves, guerrero is a solid list of fighters compared to any other active fighter today. Theres no mayweather or prime pacquiao style resumes , so thurmans is up there as good as it gets currently imo.

Comment

Hes one of the few deserve it for sure but hes 7 or 8 not top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
              If Thurman beat Spence he’d def be too 5 P4P. That’s the fight that has to happen. Not really interested in seeing him against anyone else.

Literally in trying to think of other people he could fight, I just realised how shallow welterweight is at the moment. First time in a long time!...
              jeff horn duh

what i dont understand about the rankings is that horn is ranked#8 after beating manny....yet peterson is above him after beating nobody? garcia is above him cause he beat shot malignaggi and guerrero? makes no sense. and if horn is only rnaked 8th because it was a gift why did they then drop manny down to 9th? shouldnt he still be at the top of the rankings if it was a bad decision?

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                Undefeated
                Great resume compared to others
                Unified champion

He belongs in the p4p list
                compared to who??? eric crumble yeah sure

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  yeah but sitll people were tipping him to win, as i said that was the catchphrase on here 'garcia finds a way to win, he fights to the level of his opponent'. that reigning champ who indongo had beat had fought noone. garcia, porter, collazo, chaves, guerrero is a solid list of fighters compared to any other active fighter today. Theres no mayweather or prime pacquiao style resumes , so thurmans is up there as good as it gets currently imo.
                  you can find anyone that has picked a fighter to beat any other fighter. that is the old fox news "some people say that obama is a terrorist" line. its all opinion right??? saying that doesnt really tell you anything about the actual quality of the fighter he fought just that someone or some people picked them. im sure they picked guerrero over thurman too yet guerrero lost like 7 of 9 ww fights in his career. i guess its still a good win because someone picked guerrero!

garcia hasnt done anything that i would consider worthy of even being in the top 10. a shot guerrero coming off multiple losses and a shot paulie coming off multiple losses. and before that he looked like garbage against herrera and peterson. its just not a win that should mean much but the name has name recognition so we give it more credit than it should.

Comment

Thurman is pbc. this site and others get paid by the big promoters, TR, GB, and Loeffler to hype up their guys. Haymon just has his guys fight. G is on p4p list for ko'ing tomato cans, but Thurman is never mentioned. And not many would say that Postol and Indongo are better wins than Porter and Garcia, but Crawford's promoter pays to get him ranked on these lists. Yes Crawford has looked better, but Thurman looked just as good as Crawford and G do against tomato cans.

Besides all that though, Thurman is terrified of Spence. Thurman has been scared to fight the best. He was hyped as the next big thing. He was supposed to be able to beat Mayweather five years ago. Except he fought tomato cans until Porter. Thurman never says he wants any elite level opponent, he is always making excuses as to why this guy or that one doesn't deserve a fight with him. Dang, if he said he wanted anyone from 140-154 and then just kept fighting and knocking out cab drivers at 147 he might be #1 p4p. Except Thurman basically admits he wants nothing to do with the best.

On resume, he is slightly above Spence. But who me and 99% of boxing fans feels is honestly the better fighter and who would win in a fight is Spence. It is a combo of being with Haymon and of wanting all the top ww's to fight each other so he only has to fight one top foe, that keeps Thurman low and off lists. He should be somewhere between 7-15.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post

Yep, thats my perception. 154 and even 160 are deeper. At WW you have two kings and a prince (Porter).

Mayweather and Pac are basically out. Brook and Garcia should still be considered relevant but probably won't be until they actually win a meaningful fight again at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X