No announcement yet.

Spartucus vs Game of Thrones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L33tboxingdewd View Post
    Dude, the plot was great. It followed the real story.

You realize Spartacus was a real historical figure, who actually did lead a slave rebellion, right?

Of course it's dramatized, and whatnot, but the main points remain true - Spartacus defeats Glaber, and gets defeated by Crassus.

It was cool to see it play out.

The gratuitous sex, nudity, and violence was just a nice little afterthought and eye candy.

It was weird getting used to not having Andy as Spartacus anymore, and Season 2 definitely started out slow, but gradually got better, and better, and by season 3, Liam owned the character, and each episode got better, and better culminating in an epic finale.

Also, Gods of the Arena was really cool - it introduced us to Gannicus (also a real character, and a general in Spartacus's slave army), and also was cool to see the origins of Ashur, IMO, one of the better characters in the series.
    Yes,i know that spartacus depicted real historical events,but i sometimes felt that during the series,especially the later seasons,that i was watching more **** than action. If they would have stuck to the crazy fights from the begining of the series,and just transitioned that into the rest of the seasons,culminating in that huge war,it honestly would have been perfect. But they seemed discontent with that,and it looked like they just wanted to squeez an orgy everywhere possible,even if it was in the middle of an empire shaking war. But i have to agree with you,Gannicus was a beast.

Comment

Working...
    X