Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As usual, I'm not picking Floyd, and I don't care. I think he's a hypocrite, more so now that he can fight at 154 just fine against anyone, not a superstar with red hair.

People defending Floyd ask, "what's 2 pounds"? indeed. So then I ask "if 2 pounds isn't anything, then why does Floyd need it"?? The greatest fighter boxing, the supposed pfp king, talked Pacman down for catchweights and now needs one himself, pshhhh.

Comment

• This is one of the most dangerous fight's of Mayweather's career.

I think Mayweather will win a decision but the first few rounds are going to be nerve racking. The size difference on fight night will be crazy.

I hope they do unofficial weights.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        This is one of the most dangerous fight's of Mayweather's career.

I think Mayweather will win a decision but the first few rounds are going to be nerve racking. The size difference on fight night will be crazy.

I hope they do unofficial weights.
        Unofficial weights would be the best thing Mayweather could insist on to make people forget the catchweight. If he's at 149 or 150, and Alvarez is 170, Alvarez weighing 152 won't matter to most people nearly as much seeing that.

Only doubt for Mayweather in this fight IMO is Alvarez's power because of his size. If Mayweather can't handle the power at all, we have a serious fight on our hands. I wonder what the chances are of a Martinez-Chavez scenario are.

Comment

• Mayweather might do the stanky leg for the first time in his career... Saul definitely has to be more active... One thing we know for certain is that he'll give Floyd a tougher fight than Robert Guerrero.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Unofficial weights would be the best thing Mayweather could insist on to make people forget the catchweight. If he's at 149 or 150, and Alvarez is 170, Alvarez weighing 152 won't matter to most people nearly as much seeing that.

Only doubt for Mayweather in this fight IMO is Alvarez's power because of his size. If Mayweather can't handle the power at all, we have a serious fight on our hands. I wonder what the chances are of a Martinez-Chavez scenario are.
            Mayweather's always looked less impressive at 154 and that's my main concern. I think the size is going to be problem. More than the power.

It's going to be an interesting fight, it's a very dangerous fight for Mayweather but like I said I knew it was going to happen.

I just can't wait now.

Comment

• All Canelo has to do is make the fight competitive and he gets the controversial decision.

Which will be payback for the first Castillo fight...

Then rematch, which May wins by UD

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Mayweather's always looked less impressive at 154 and that's my main concern. I think the size is going to be problem. More than the power.

It's going to be an interesting fight, it's a very dangerous fight for Mayweather but like I said I knew it was going to happen.

I just can't wait now.
                Meh, I just don't see Alvarez as that much of a threat, unless Mayweather cannot handle the size at all. His style isn't one that imposes a size advantage.

Not that I'm downplaying the fight. It's the best one Mayweather could make.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Meh, I just don't see Alvarez as that much of a threat, unless Mayweather cannot handle the size at all. His style isn't one that imposes a size advantage.

Not that I'm downplaying the fight. It's the best one Mayweather could make.
                  I think we will know in the first few rounds.

If Canelo get's close and starts ripping huge shots the the body and Mayweather is visibly struggling then it will be a major major threat of a loss. Time will tell.

I expect Mayweather to hold everytime Canelo get's in touching distance. He's going to try and keep this an outside fight.

Canelo's stamina and output will be his downfall IMO in the end.

Comment

• floyd will win by tko a barouge of punches that alvarez doesnt respond to late in the fight like in the 8th round.
                    Last edited by heavyhands702; 06-02-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• I'm interested in what Floyd's fight night weight will be, or whether he'll aim to bulk up a little.

Comment

Working...
                      X