No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse vs. Dallas is On, Lundy Confirms He is Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
    You gotta get it out of your head that fighters have all this control over who they fight. Its more like a team decision that is made involving trainers, managers and promoters. That's on both sides too. And just because Gamboa and 50 called out Broner, doesn't mean that fight has to happen right now or else Broner is ducking him. It doesn't work like that. They have to agree to a lot of things. Broner has options, he/they can walk. Or these guys might fight in 2013. You just never know. None of us know.
    I agree, but I never stated that Broner is scared or doesn't want to fight Gamboa. I am only stating the facts. My response was to why is it that Broner gets derided for fighting the fights that he does, well, its because alot of these fights Broner is involved in do not belong on HBO. And that is true. The only fight that should've belonged on HBO was against De Marco. The other were worthy to be on ESPN.

And I also think that Mattyhsse vs Dallas is a mismatch, however, Matthysse simply does not have that many options as Broner. Whether its Broner or his management is besides the point, the point is that I subscribe to premium networks and I get ESPN2 type matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      to me it's a significant step down........dallas is almost d class to me. i wouldn't be surprised if it was over in 2 rounds. hank would have at least made it interesting.............
      That is where we clearly disagree. I've always been a fan of Lundy, but Lundy going up against a legit, hard hitting technical fighter like Matthysee puts Lundy as a very heavy underdog. If John Molina knocked him out, and we've seen several other guys hurt and drop Lundy, I would find it very hard to give Lundy a chance against Mattyhsse. Dallas, in that respect, is no different, he's a heavy underdog as much as Lundy.

Also, Dallas only has 2 losses against decent fighters. Josesito Lopez and Herrera. And the Herrera one was very close.

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
        That is where we clearly disagree. I've always been a fan of Lundy, but Lundy going up against a legit, hard hitting technical fighter like Matthysee puts Lundy as a very heavy underdog. If John Molina knocked him out, and we've seen several other guys hurt and drop Lundy, I would find it very hard to give Lundy a chance against Mattyhsse. Dallas, in that respect, is no different, he's a heavy underdog as much as Lundy.

Also, Dallas only has 2 losses against decent fighters. Josesito Lopez and Herrera. And the Herrera one was very close.
        you're not disagreeing with anything when it pertains to lundy........lundy was a bad enough fight for lucas (coming off A loss) but dallas takes the cake. both fights are below average but i feel that lucas vs dallas is just a poor fight.

i can only see one outcome. dallas being knocked out (probably early) lundy has the better fundamentals & skills (vs dallas) and would at least make it interesting.

lucas vs dallas is a poor fight.........

Comment

Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
          I agree, but I never stated that Broner is scared or doesn't want to fight Gamboa. I am only stating the facts. My response was to why is it that Broner gets derided for fighting the fights that he does, well, its because alot of these fights Broner is involved in do not belong on HBO. And that is true. The only fight that should've belonged on HBO was against De Marco. The other were worthy to be on ESPN.

And I also think that Mattyhsse vs Dallas is a mismatch, however, Matthysse simply does not have that many options as Broner. Whether its Broner or his management is besides the point, the point is that I subscribe to premium networks and I get ESPN2 type matchups.
          I hear you there. HBO was also showing a lot of Berto's fights that didn't seem HBO worthy to me. I think what they are looking for is a fighter with star quality to build up and Broner is that guy now. They were on Ortiz too for a while there, but he is probably out of the picture now.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            you're not disagreeing with anything when it pertains to lundy........lundy was a bad enough fight for lucas (coming off A loss) but dallas takes the cake. both fights are below average but i feel that lucas vs dallas is just a poor fight.

i can only see one outcome. dallas being knocked out (probably early) lundy has the better fundamentals & skills (vs dallas) and would at least make it interesting.

lucas vs dallas is a poor fight.........
            LOL. I know what you're saying, but its like comparing cow**** to bull****. At the end of the day, its just ****.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
              I hear you there. HBO was also showing a lot of Berto's fights that didn't seem HBO worthy to me. I think what they are looking for is a fighter with star quality to build up and Broner is that guy now. They were on Ortiz too for a while there, but he is probably out of the picture now.
              I don't have a problem with Broner's people trying to build their fighter up, however, they're doing it on my dime. If they want to build him up, fine, do it on ESPN2, or maybe a Showbox, but when I pay to watch HBO it is because I am expecting something better than ESPN2, and those fights that Broner was involved in, for the exception of Demarco, were not worthy of being on that network.

I see it as Broner's management milking HBO for their fighter and themselves. But what do I care about Broner's finances; all I want to see is a competitive fight. I would rather see a competitive and entertaining fight than see Broner completely outclass a fighter that didn't belong in the ring with him. A mismatch is not fun to watch. It's like watching a basketball game in the fourth quarter where one team leads by 30 points. I am switching the channel at that point.

Comment

I was looking forward to seeing Matthyese vs Lundy but I think that Mike Dallas is a decent replacement, Dallas has just as much of a chance as Lundy would have. I might even take Dallas over Lundy in a fight..

Comment

damn. lundy is the greatest fighter of all time, according to hank lundy.

Comment

WAR LUCAS!!!

Comment

W either way......

Comment

Working...
                      X