Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Mike Tyson rank on all-time best HW's list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
    tbh this was no longer prime tyson, even though he was still extremly young etc etc he was not the same fighter anymore. Once he left rooney and went thru all the **** etc etc he lost the supreme brilliance. If you watch a couple of his earlier fights in quick succession and then go straight to the bruno fight you will see this - if you don't see it lol
    Wow.. so Tyson's prime is EVEN SHORTER now than 10 years ago. At least 10 years go boxing fans were like 'ya Tyson was still prime until Ruddock'

now it's 'Bruno I' days rofl.

In another 10 years, Tyson's prime would be from the walk in to Spinks-end of SPINKS'.lol

Tyson was fuking lethal against Ruddock- both fights.
    He was very much in his prime.

I think boxing fans fail to understand the difference between
    PEAK and Prime.

Tyson's PEAK was with Rooney, but his overall prime ended when he went to prison. That version of Tyson against Ruddock would have destroyed everyone he destroyed PRIOR to Ruddock in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
      That is one of the worst, if not the worst list I ever seen.
      Jesus CHrist your list sucks.
      Tell you what, post your list and I'll be more than happy to declare it the best list I've ever seen...
      Last edited by Panamaniac; 12-06-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Tyson at his peak (85-88) was top 5 All Time, imo. Overall?? Probably top 20.

And from a social impact and pop culture standpoint...PPV draw, etc? Most definitely top 5 P4P ever.

Ali, Tyson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Mayweather, De La Hoya, Pacquiao, in the last 50 years...in regards to popularity and box office draw.

Comment

iron mike is in the top 20

Comment

Which Tyson? The Cus D'Amato student who was managed by Jimmy Jacobs and business manager Mr. Cayton, handled by Teddy Atlas then Kevin Rooney.
            Or the Tyson handled by Don King and the rest of the waste!!!

The young Mike Tyson who came to fight and kept his mouth shut could overwhelm just about anyone who wasn't mentally strong and physically prepared. A Mike who used his jab first with his steps in could surprise anyone with his overall speed! When he punched in combination first to see what lands .....then loads up he was devasting!

The older, heavier Tyson who stepped in with his hook first and did alot of leaping and never used his jab would be handled by smart boxer who could step "off" or to the side and catch Tyson moving in unprotected!
            Or stand him off and punch "first" then back him up! As Evander did "on purpose"!!

Theres TWO Tysons, the young humble, hunger kid from Brownsville, and the overated, over weight champ who's press conferences became all "bravado" and NO substance!

The young one would be a top 15 contender!!

The old bravado guy might be in the lower half of 40!!

I'm not bashing Mike, I knew him, I helped Cus with him and was very sad to see all of the drama play out. But he had NO chance without Cus and Cus's team! NONE!!! Ray Corso

Comment

A young Tyson before Cus died easily makes top 10 HW's of all time..He was quicker than any HW as far as movement and his hand speed was there with a young Ali.

Comment

Working...
              X