Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley fights 12/15 in Miami possibly against Berto, Gamboa on Pac/Marquez undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
    Not really. He's with 50 not Arum and in the process he got an advance from 50. So he got some $$ without even fighting.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    It still makes him look dumb as hell, because he wasted a year of his career for chump change. He could have been fighting all this time for Top Rank and been way ahead of where he is now.

He can never get that year back~ so why waste that year if he is still working with Arum.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Seems weird, I know; but Gamboa merely wanted to get out from under his contract, not necessarily away from Arum. Top Rank is the major promoter in boxing. Doing business with them is often not only wise, but necessary in some cases.
    Well like I said he has got to do what he has got to do. If he wanted to stay with Top Rank it would have been much easier to enlist his help and this mess would have got cleaned up real quick and he would not have had to sit for more than a year.

So to me wasting a year like that just makes him look bad but whatever getting his career back on track is the most important thing currently.

Comment

I want Bradley Guerrero..Makes perfect sense at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Bradley would whoop Berto good, I like that fight. 50 is promoting Gamboa who just partnered up with Pac so that's why he will be on the PPV card with Pac.
        Bradley would win but it wouldn't be an easy fight by any means.

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        It still makes him look dumb as hell, because he wasted a year of his career for chump change. He could have been fighting all this time for Top Rank and been way ahead of where he is now.
        I'm still waiting for people to explain why NOT fighting Rios in what would have been one of the biggest fights of the year for a career high payday was a good business decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

I'm still waiting for people to explain why NOT fighting Rios in what would have been one of the biggest fights of the year for a career high payday was a good business decision.
          Well if he wants to go in a different direction with his career I can feel that and understand.

As it looks now though it would be hard to justify it.

Comment

I know Arum wishing Mike Jones held on to beat Bailey.

That's probably an opponent he wanted for Bradley down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Bradley would win but it wouldn't be an easy fight by any means.

Bradley would put on a clinic, he is a better boxer, has better stamina and he won't be as rusty as Berto is. Fight might be close in the first 4 but after that, Bradley pulls way ahead.

Comment

Bradley would put on a clinic, he is a better boxer, has better stamina and he won't be as rusty as Berto is. Fight might be close in the first 4 but after that, Bradley pulls way ahead.
                I agree..

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
                  Aren't Berto and Gamboa in the dying Mayweather Promotions? What makes you think Floyd would work with Arum, especially when it'd be Top Rank's card, with co-promotion of Mayweather Promotions? Floyd's ego won't let that happen.
                  Originally posted by humuklot
                  The article is complete BS. Bradley fighting Gamboa??? Really?

Top Rank vs Mayweather Promotions = nope

Bradley fighting in Miama = nope
                  People are complete utter idiots around here....
                  Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                  Arum is putting a fight Miami so Rigondeaux can get some kind of fan base out there. Gamboa is with 50 Cent so Bob Arum don't care about what's good for Gamboa. It's 50 Cents Job to do what's best for Gamboa now. If I were Bob Arum I would do the same thing.
                  That's why he's putting him on a Pacquiao card right? Arum knows Gamboa's value. They all do, they're not stupid.
                  Bradley would whoop Berto good, I like that fight. 50 is promoting Gamboa who just partnered up with Pac so that's why he will be on the PPV card with Pac.
                  People can't read around here.
                  Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Neither you or me know how much he got paid so you can't say it was chump change. I never liked Gamboa with Arum. He might be fighting under Top Rank right now but I think it's safe to say he's not getting shafted by Arum AND Oner. Im pretty sure 50 got his back. I mean, who knows maybe he was trying to get away from Oner and not Top Rank... Not sure who the bigger snake is. You can't really judge/blame these guys. They come here desperate and get offered whatever and all they see is ka-ching. Not to mention they don't really know English either. Who knows if they even know what they're signing.

Comment

Welp. Guerrero talks fell through. Top Rank and Golden Boy couldn't come to terms.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...0,585365.story

If FightHype story is true, I guess its between Peterson and Provodnikov.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Welp. Guerrero talks fell through. Top Rank and Golden Boy couldn't come to terms.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...0,585365.story

If FightHype story is true, I guess its between Peterson and Provodnikov.
                      I can't lie,that's disappointing if true...Boxing is very shady so ya never know what's true..But,Bradley Guerrero is the best fight for either of the two guys..Makes sense for them to mix it up...

Comment

Working...
                      X