Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto overrated?? R u kidding me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Cotto, think he's an A fighter, not A+ but a really good fighter.

I think some of you need to go back to school and understand the English language. "Overrated" isn't an insult all the time. You can be a good fighter and still be overrated.

Cotto was very much overrated throughout his career. There was a time when his fans were holding up signs that read "Bring on Mayweather" and "Bring on Pacquaio".......remember those?

Cotto is better than 90% of the people in his weight class, he's just not elite and to those people who think he's elite, they are OVERRATING him.

It's not an insult.

Comment

hes a great fighter, champ in 3 divisions. n one of biggest draws atm

Comment

Originally posted by Erik13 View Post
        Why you trolling this thread homie??

keep dat shyt to the Pac threads. that cherry picker deserves trolling, not warriors like Cotto!
        Cotto didn't have a good trainer and team when he fought manny and when he fought margo his uncle didn't even go watch Margo get his hands taped,, but cotto never placed blame on anyone for the margacheto fight. Like bigge said real *****z do real things. Cotto is as real as it gets. It's funny how now a days people say your washed up if you lose one or two fights,,, all the greats of all times have multiple losses

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          As you said earlier. The realest fighters always take a fight. They dare to be great instead of maneuvering to be great. You should have included Pascal on your list though. He seems to say yes to any fight.
          Very true, Pascal is a real fighter and should have been on there, I'm going to edit.

Comment

cotto aint overated..he is what he is..a damn good boxer,who will fight whoever you put in front of him,never ehard him complain bout money,or make any ******ed ass demands..win or lose he just laces them up and fights..and he made no excuses for either of his loses..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              I like Cotto, think he's an A fighter, not A+ but a really good fighter.

I think some of you need to go back to school and understand the English language. "Overrated" isn't an insult all the time. You can be a good fighter and still be overrated.

Cotto was very much overrated throughout his career. There was a time when his fans were holding up signs that read "Bring on Mayweather" and "Bring on Pacquaio".......remember those?

Cotto is better than 90% of the people in his weight class, he's just not elite and to those people who think he's elite, they are OVERRATING him.

It's not an insult.
              Back when Cotto was fighting at 140 and looking like a bulldozer, there would be times the camera would pan across the crowd and we'd see people with signs saying, "Hatton's next...", etc.

Cotto was huge back then and became even bigger when he jumped to welterweight. He hit the peak of his career when he beat Mosley. EVERYBODY was talking about him. Had he beaten Margarito, he would've been over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                Cotto isn't overrated, but the last time he looked good was against Judah. I won't count the Foreman fight because Foreman had a flat tire, he was already hurt before the fight.

The car may have a new paint job, but it still has the same ol' engine, that's my opinion of Cotto. Cotto isn't overrated, but he will be for this fight against Martinez.
                Cotto looked good vs an excellent version of Mosley, both guys looked good in that fight. Last time Cotto dominated a good opponent i think you mean. Cotto also looked good in the first 7 rounds vs Margs.

Comment

He is not the absolute best out there (somewhere around #10-#20 P4P), but he is everything that is right about boxing. How anyone can not be a fan is beyond me.

And I agree on this:
                  Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  sergio blows him out though. his arms are too short at 154, he's not built for anything about 147 just like hatton wasn't built for anything over 140
                  I am not a fan of the Martinez fight at all, even though it's yet again proof that the guy is a warrior and the fight will definitely sell good. But Martinez is too big for him, even at 154.
                  Last edited by rochemback; 12-03-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

The only active welter who has a better resume of fighters faced is Mosley, but that's just because he has been around for 80 yrs. Shane won some and lost some, but he always fought the best. DLH twice, Vargas twice, Wright twice, Forest twice, Mayorga, Margarito, Cotto, Floyd, Collazo, etc. If Miguel keeps fighting for another 15 years he might surpass Shane, provided Mosley stops fighting.

True Story.

Comment

Cotto has had a great career, but face it, alot of his fans overrate him. Like someone already mentioned, being "overrated" doesn't mean you're not good.

Honestly, there's idiots on here that claim Cotto would have beaten Felix Trinidad in his prime. If that's not overrating Cotto I don't know what is.

Comment

Working...
                      X