No announcement yet.

Stances

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruby that gave me an aha moment.

Today I'll just practice it in a palm in upright position as he suggests. I won't shoot my shoulder forward.

But how would I know I hit hard? It's said that on heavy bag it's the sound that tells you you hit well not how much the bag moves...right?

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
    there are many ways to throw a falling step punch.

dempsey says to crouch down and put all your weight into your front foot at this point you stalk up to your opponet aim your shot and fall with it. as in this sitaution your probly trying to get on the inside so after the jolt you'll most likely want to step up with the right.

but all that crouching forward with all the weight forward and no preemptive movements thats all so you can catch your opponet off guard because after all you just stopped crouched down and now your walking twords your opponet in a stalking fassion......hes waiting for something.

you dont have to have all your weight forward and be crouched down you can say be on the inside take a step back with your right then a falling step forward with your left while you throw a jab or jab jab then a falling step with your right or even a falling step right then pop back. if the falling step is done in this fassion i would reccomend stepping back with your left in stead of forward with your right.

then theres falling hooks too. like take a falling step to your right with your right as you throw a left hook for a really nice left hook.

dempsey gave one example while there are a hundreds of uses for the falling step and the actions surronding it unique to how its used. your best bet is to expeirment with it and see how you use it best.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitez View Post
      Ruby that gave me an aha moment.

Today I'll just practice it in a palm in upright position as he suggests. I won't shoot my shoulder forward.

But how would I know I hit hard? It's said that on heavy bag it's the sound that tells you you hit well not how much the bag moves...right?
      if you hit hard you hit hard its more of a feeling of how the punch lands that tells you if you hit hard.

throw a light punch and throw a hard punch the feeling of impact is diffrent

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
        if you hit hard you hit hard its more of a feeling of how the punch lands that tells you if you hit hard.

throw a light punch and throw a hard punch the feeling of impact is diffrent
        Hey guys i just wanted to say i sparred like this and i was awesome!!!!!!!!! i was still outweighed a little but this guy was much faster than my usual people (and didnt hit as hard so i felt comfortable trying something new) and in this stance i couldnt be touched. i was blocking all of his punches. I got hit a few times when he rushed in close and we were just swining kind of fast but thats only becaus i dont have much experience. if i did it right every time i throw a punch my opposite hand comes up to protect my chin on instinct. and that is much easier if it is just a fight because gloves seem to get in the way a little but its still good to do. but i did get him with some really hard lefts but we wern't trying to kill each other like i did with my other partners. we wern't really going for ko's. we did this for a really long time.

so i say to everybody dont listen to anything anybody telling you what to do. there is no one way to stand. you stand however you do best at. iwas gettting my head knocked off fighting much bigger guys the "right" way but if i had been doing this they couldn't have touched me.

Comment

"so i say to everybody dont listen to anything anybody telling you what to do. there is no one way to stand."

sounds great!

I just found out that I really like to stand on toes with my both feet....

Comment

Working...
          X