Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights of the Decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the 00's theres the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy. There third fight probly being the best. I think this trilogy is even better then the Ali-Frazier fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
      I can guarantee the fight of this decade will be either:

Corrales vs Castillo I or Gatti vs Ward I

Whether you agree those should be it or not is another story, one of those is going to take it. Considering one of the fighters is now dead in both fights, there's no sentimental leverage between the two. The better fight should take it. And Corrales vs Castillo is the better fight to me because it was more competitive. Gatti pretty much dominated Ward most of the fight and just got beat the hell up in a couple rounds. The judging was terrible in my opinion, the best Ward deserved was a draw.
      Personally I think Gatti-Ward is overrated. Great fights but not on the level of Corrales-Castillo, which had heart and a high level of skill, not to mention the freaking 10th.

Give me Vazquez-Marquez III over Gatti-Ward any day.

Comment

Packy - Morales One

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
          Think the historical context has to have some bearing really or at least the fight that most people have seen. Foreman-Lyle was a great fight but everyone, even people who had no interest in boxing, watched Ali Frazier 1.
          The fact that the fight delivered and was a very good fight cemented it I guess.
          Historically, fights with huge hype fail to deliver. Ali-Frazier I and Leonard-Hearns were rare in that it was two fights that not only had big hype, but gave the public everything that was expected and more.

Comment

Toney-Jirov
            Corrales-Castillo 1
            Gatti vs Ward I
            Monshipour-Sithchatchawal
            Vazquez-Marquez 3

all were Great fights! but in my personal opinion, Barrera-Morales 1 takes it, 2 Great fighters in their Prime going 12 full rounds.

Comment

2000: Erik Morales W12 Marco Antonio Barrera I
              2001: Micky Ward W10 Emanuel Burton
              2002: Micky Ward W10 Arturo Gatti I
              2003: Arturo Gatti W10 Micky Ward III
              2004: Marco Antonio Barrera W12 Erik Morales III
              2005: Diego Corrales KO10 José Luis Castillo I
              2006: Somsak Sithchatchawal KO10 Mahyar Monshipour
              2007: Israel Vazquez KO 6 Rafael Marquez II
              2008: Israel Vazquez W12 Rafael Marquez III

here's the list from this decade of their fights of the year. surely gatti ward 1 or corrales castillo will win

Comment

2006: Somsak Sithchatchawal KO10 Mahyar Monshipour

This fight was absolutely crazy. Just non-stop punching for ten rounds. I remember I got so caught up in the action in round two that I lost track of things and thought we were already half way through the fight. Never seen anything like it.

Comment

Working...
                X