Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh! NFL loses popularity among its core demographic of men between ages 35-54

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Got sources on that?

I seem to recall, especially after the fantasy football boom, that the NFL was seeing record ratings and was even expanding it's fan base into women.

The Government commissions oversee boxing.

How's that working out, considering we keep seeing the same blind judges screwing up scoring fights over and over?
    The ratings decline started last year, when Kaepernick started kneeling. The NFL and ESPN then try to spin it as an presidential election year.

You're right in that Roger Goodell and the NFL could have ended this when Kaepernick started to kneel. The NFL has personal conduct clauses in the player contracts. Oh well, play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
      The ratings decline started last year, when Kaepernick started kneeling. The NFL and ESPN then try to spin it as an presidential election year.

You're right in that Roger Goodell and the NFL could have ended this when Kaepernick started to kneel. The NFL has personal conduct clauses in the player contracts. Oh well, play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
      You think people in Dallas are not watching the Cowboys because what a guy in San Francisco did? 2015 ESPN rating were down for all NFL games and up for all NBA games because honestly as a neutral the games are unwatchable right now

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/1...-crashed-2016/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

The Government commissions oversee boxing.

How's that working out, considering we keep seeing the same blind judges screwing up scoring fights over and over?
          Basketball and Hockey has a governing body and you don't see greedy commissioners trying to artificially prolong games to maximize profits or the sport get bastardized like the NFL does

Comment

The poll now has Major League Baseball as the most popular sport in the country, with six out of 10 Americans looking at the MLB in a favorable manner.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...line/23236112/
            A co-worker of mine asked to go to a baseball game during a conference early next year. I was stunned.

But then it seems like most older than 30 have largely moved on from NFL.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            This was the tipping point for me. The quality of the games, commercials, 5000 reviews, terrible refs, and frustration with the team I have followed for 30+ years all added up.

Get your shit together, National Space Rugby League.
            Time to bring back the XFL and do it right this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              You think people in Dallas are not watching the Cowboys because what a guy in San Francisco did? 2015 ESPN rating were down for all NFL games and up for all NBA games because honestly as a neutral the games are unwatchable right now

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/1...-crashed-2016/
              That article is dated November 10 2016 and talks about ratings plummeting that season which was the start of the Kaepernick bullshit.

In fact an excerpt of the article:
              Though television ratings are down by double digits so far this season, Goodell said that N.F.L. ratings had risen 27 percent in the past decade even as ratings for prime-time television had fallen 36 percent.
              So where is your source that the NFL has been in decline for years? You made that claim. In fact the article you posted contradicts that and said it only started declining for the 2016 season, you know the same year the NFL players started their kneeling bullshit.

Comment

That article is dated November 10 2016 and talks about ratings plummeting that season which was the start of the Kaepernick bullshit.

In fact an excerpt of the article:

So where is your source that the NFL has been in decline for years? You made that claim. In fact the article you posted contradicts that and said it only started declining for the 2016 season, you know the same year the NFL players started their kneeling bullshit.
                ESPN Monday Night Football was a record low in 2015 like I said and the NFL attendance has been declining year after year

https://www.google.com/amp/profootba...-declined/amp/

Comment

ESPN Monday Night Football was a record low in 2015 like I said and the NFL attendance has been declining year after year

https://www.google.com/amp/profootba...-declined/amp/
                  First you stated that the NFL has been in decline for years, although you never stated which part decline, then you posted an NY Times article about ratings (which I thought you meant about the declining NFL) that pretty much contradicts your position, which shows that ratings rose 27 percent for the past decade and only started having a ratings decline for 2016.

Now you dig up some 5 year old article about attendance to try and save face.

Comment

NFL has been in decline for years and it has nothing to do with trump, the league is over commercialized and the game is losing integrity

I think there should be a national governing commission to over see high school, College and professional football IMO
                    First you stated that the NFL has been in decline for years, although you never stated which part decline, then you posted an NY Times article about ratings (which I thought you meant about the declining NFL) that pretty much contradicts your position, which shows that ratings rose 27 percent for the past decade and only started having a ratings decline for 2016.

Now you dig up some 5 year old article about attendance to try and save face.
                    Trying to save face about what? Roger Goodell obviously been bad for the game since he took charge even though the TV money has increased

I was trying to explain to you why people are losing interest in the game same thing that happened to baseball but you obviously have a political agenda so that what you're trying to push

Keep thinking a back up QB who is not in the league anymore is the reason for attendance and rating decline

Comment

I'm sure the protesters who can't even explain what they're protesting about are hurting it, short-term.

However I also think we're seeing the start of a long trend because of those CTE studies... Football is gonna go the way of boxing. No longer something normal fathers dream about their sons doing (unless your father is an Angel Garcia/Floyd Sr crackhead). Gonna become a desperate option for the lower classes and go niche.

Seriously 99% of the brains they studied had CTE... That's hard for upcoming athletes to ignore.
                      Last edited by ////; 10-08-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X