Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: McGregor Has Game Plan, It's Not What People Think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Educational = Schooled????

Comment

I've never seen marks like that from sparring. looks more like acne probably from Pauli eating out his side piece Skanks! He used to show up at a wildcard with streetwalkers

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        He is also fat out of shape, and hasn't been in the ring in ages.
        ages = 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Pauli at this stage is not C Level.

He's old, retired, shot, out of shape and just got folded by Sam Eggington in his last fight.

Your post is all over the place to be honest. Pauli's face is barely marked up especially now more pictures have come out.

Regardless it doesn't prove anything let alone "C class fighters dominating Conor" being out the window.
          waddya mean, sam egginton is a beast. Did you see how he handled those power shots? granite!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Glad I'm not the only one getting that vibe, Malignaggi has always been someone who speaks his mind and you can see he's holding back
            On twitter he was asked who punched harder and he was mentioning guys like Vivian Harris 20 years ago.

It's an absurdity to believe McGregor doesn't punch extremely hard with the left.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              On twitter he was asked who punched harder and he was mentioning guys like Vivian Harris 20 years ago.

It's an absurdity to believe McGregor doesn't punch extremely hard with the left.
              Not surprised he said this on Twitter, Malignaggi likes to speak his mind and in that interview it looked as though he was holding back a bit. I don't know about McGregor's power but Chael Sonnen might have said it perfectly, he isn't hitting guys who are far more adept at defending punches.

I think a lot of the boxers who aren't viewed as punchers would be knockout artists in the UFC, may not possess the all around game of McGregor to set those punches up but they'll be touching guys who don't specialize all that well at defending punches.

Comment

Originally posted by jay543 View Post
                When the interviewer brings up "The people who give Conor a shot in this fight" Paulie touches his nose and looks down.

As the interviewer describes Conor's power in MMA Paulie swallows and begins nodding a lot.

Before answering the question "Did you experience the left hand, what did you think of it?"

Paulie takes a deep breath, opens his eyes wide and says "yeah, yeah, he's got some pop in the left hand."

Paulie then essentially says Conor's going to need to work on more than just his left hand to make Mayweather worry about.

"You Look back on it, it was kind of fun"
                "He's got some pop in his left hand"
                "He's effective"
                "There's a method behind his madness... I'm sure it'll be entertaining and fun"

What I'm getting out of all of this is that Paulie's saying Conor's got some power as expected, but it wasn't out of this world and Paulie doesn't think he has enough power to knockout Mayweather with 1 punch and needs other options.
                I agree. I think it's more than that though. Seems like he had the sober realization in sparring that Conor is a very slow rate counter puncher. Just very cut and dry. Conor needs a Hatton type in MMA where they just walk straight in to look spectacular

Comment

Not surprised he said this on Twitter, Malignaggi likes to speak his mind and in that interview it looked as though he was holding back a bit. I don't know about McGregor's power but Chael Sonnen might have said it perfectly, he isn't hitting guys who are far more adept at defending punches.

I think a lot of the boxers who aren't viewed as punchers would be knockout artists in the UFC, may not possess the all around game of McGregor to set those punches up but they'll be touching guys who don't specialize all that well at defending punches.
                  It's all about the technique. He clearly has power, but can he land it against a decent boxer? Doubt it. But, let's see.

I don't think so. If you moved the boxers to the UFC they'd most likely get tossled around like kids. The distance and technique is totally different. Just two different sports.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    I agree. I think it's more than that though. Seems like he had the sober realization in sparring that Conor is a very slow rate counter puncher. Just very cut and dry. Conor needs a Hatton type in MMA where they just walk straight in to look spectacular
                    Totally ridiculous and false to say this.

Comment

Mike Perry UFC fighter. 10-1 10 KO's

In his only boxing match his power was none existant, even when he managed to get into position.

Lost by KO in 4.

You seen it?

MMA fighters can't punch like boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X