No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Cotto vs Canelo PPV surpasses 900,000 PPV buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
    Your post oddly answers itself. If a fight that the public was not thirsting for sells a million ppvs at 70 a pop then boxing is live and doing very well. That means boxing is doing "good".
    I don't believe anyone knows that the fight sold 1 million PPV buys, which makes everyone here running with such a statement, simply because Oscar fed the number to Dan even more ridiculous.

Nearly 6 months after the event, Mayweather-Pacquiao has sold over 4.6m PPV buys and counting; for that event, folks easily took a week to even start with the projections, and even then those were wrong.

Rather than immediately harping to this assumed public thirst for the event, why not wait a week for even the initial projection

Comment

• Guessed 900k... would like to see the real number.
      Originally posted by Double_L View Post

10char
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...4#post16245034

Comment

• last night, bernardo osuna from espn a los golpes stated that the fight already has over 1.1m ppvs and counting...
        he was also talking about a high possibility for a rematch...

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
          last night, bernardo osuna from espn a los golpes stated that the fight already has over 1.1m ppvs and counting...
          Dont really see a point in a rematch to be honest..but oh well

Comment

• I'm predicting when the actual # comes out, it's gonna be at least 1 mil

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Dont really see a point in a rematch to be honest..but oh well
              money will be the answer, not enough for me, but enough for fighters, networks and promoters...

Comment

• Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                I'm predicting when the actual # comes out, it's gonna be at least 1 mil
                according to bernardo osuna(ESPN) is going to be more than 1.1mil...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  Not for nothing but Canelo saved Oskie's life bro. He was about to start sniffing mad Coke and the fishnets was coming outta retirement had Nelo lost. Matthysse got put out. Lemiuex got put out. He had Ronda on the cover the Ring Magazine, ready to jump start her Boxing career and Holly put that b1tch out. That hoe ass n*gga Hoya was about to start selling his ass if he took another L.
                  Good thing Cotto was never good enough to win

Comment

according to bernardo osuna(ESPN) is going to be more than 1.1mil...
                    That's a great #, Haters were predicting 500K 0r 600K, that's just ridiculous!!!!!

Comment

last night, bernardo osuna from espn a los golpes stated that the fight already has over 1.1m ppvs and counting...
                      I buy the numbers, but idk about the high possibility for a rematch. The fight was pretty garbage (although in light of Klitschko vs Fury it looks like foty). I can't see a rematch myself unless there was a Cotto rematch clause.

Comment

Working...
                      X