No announcement yet.

Oscar Valdez fought a Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar Valdez fought a Welterweight

Quigg was reportedly 142lb the night of the fight yet still put a nice beating on Quigg.

Valdez is a bad dude.

Funny how everyone is ignoring this yet a Mexican comes in overweight and he gets crucified by these racist clowns around here.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      Funny how everyone is ignoring this yet a Mexican comes in overweight and he gets crucified by these racist clowns around here.
      Haha always sad when you have to reply to your own thread first lol. I'll help...

There was only 6 pounds between them on the night. Yes Quigg is a big featherweight but I don't feel Valdez deserves anymore credit.

Quigg fractured a bone in his foot in camp which stopped him doing road work, which was a big reason he missed weight.

It was a good fight, Valdez speed and extra technique were the difference. Valdez proved a lot in there, and once again showed he is far from unbeatable. I think Valdez is ready for Frampton, Mares, Santa Cruz. All fights he can win and lose. GRJ might be tough.

Comment

lol stfu with this bs, quigg wasn't a welterweight.

Comment

Valdez got the heart of a god bring on the middleweights

Comment

a welterweight weights in under the 147 limit and dehydrates up to 160-165.
            quigg was a super featherweight (128 1/2) and rehydrated to 142.

If you think Quigg was a welterweight, than Valdez was a jr welterweight (I think he was 136).

Both were being criticized, but I think Nery was more criticized because he didnt pass the drug test in the fight before. His initial weigh-in was also much more over the limit than Quiggs.
            Last edited by asgarth; 03-11-2018, 06:34 AM.

Comment

He is a much better fighter than him.

Comment

Welterweights come in the ring like 160 so no, he wasn't fighting a welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  Quigg was reportedly 142lb the night of the fight yet still put a nice beating on Quigg.

Valdez is a bad dude.
                  And Valdez was 135.
                  7 lb difference. It happens all the time in boxing.
                  Valdez chose to fight anyway. He didn't complain, so why are you?

Comment

Working...
                  X