Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Wilder Has No Rights To Third Fury Fight, Claim Will Be Denied

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Wlad was nowhere near to being shot as his performance against AJ showed.

He's also beaten Chisora and Wilder x2. Yeah, he's fought some jokes, but it still doesn't dispute that Fury has a better resume than every American out there as well as most pros.
    Wlad was shot
    Del Boy is around only to get beaten
    Fury is officially 1-0-1;1 vs Wilder, who, up to fighting Fury, was considered A BUM.

Fury fans are wishy washy and prone to exaggeration when giving him props.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squared.Circle View Post
      He's obviously got power, but it's somewhat overrated. People go on like he renders people unconscious with every punch he lands...but he just doesn't. He needs to land it in the right spot, which, if you're loading up on every single right hand you throw, you're eventually gonna get there. Wilder has landed more clean punches that haven't done any damage than ones that have. How many times did he land flush on Ortiz before he found the right punch? Molina? Szpilka? He didn't even find it against Chris Nipple. There's also the first Stiverne fight and Duhaupas, but he allegedly broke his hand (even though he was banging with it all night long).

A lot of people say it since Fury manhandled him, but I've said it since Molina put some pressure on him, landed on his chin and made him stagger around like a Zombie; Wilder gets beat by any decent punching, 6'4-and-above heavyweight that doesn't fear the right hand, walks him down and puts it on him. And that's how Whyte mostly likes to fight. I think Ruiz would plant one on his chin. Steroidburger Miller would have blown him out. Joyce would pummel him. And a lot of people will definitely disagree, but I even think Usyk would frustrate him, slow him down and catch him with a solid cheeky right hand to topple him.

I respect his uncanny ability to generate power and manage to land the right punch, but other than that, he's a shít boxer that would have been smashed to bits a long time ago if he'd have fought genuine opposition.
      exactly!! The Fury loss is what happens when you have been protected for so long. He has fought slower plodding or weaker punching fighters his whole career. He lost every round until the knockout to Ortiz in their second fight. Ortiz himself isn't exactly a world beater. Actually,that fight should have been allowed to contiue in m.o.p. But! I still think Fury should give him the third fight. Joshua will be tied up with Usyk until later next year. Who else can Fury fight to generate Wilder numbers. Bob wants to keep the fight from happening just in case Wilder does land that right hand and throws a monkey wrench in the Fury Joshua mega fight. That is a possibility. Without the WBC in hand,Fury Joshua has little to no chance of happening.

BTW,I also believe Wilder should have been allowed to continue in the Fury fight. A lot of Fury's punches were not landing flush when the towel came in.Fury is not a big puncher. Wilder was hurt with a shot to the temple in round two. It isn't that Fury has all this new found power.It was the same type shot Ruiz landed on Joshua that knocked him silly. Wilder's right hand still could have landed at any time. Wilder was the champ and he should be allowed the opportunity to go down punching if that is his hearts desire. Breland screwed that up big time.
      Wilder had been concussed since the second round,but still kept fighting through. We know he isn't a great boxer,but he DOES have the heart of a champion. I am not a fan of his.That's just how I see it. I also like Breland a lot more than Wilder. But he made a boo boo.

Comment

• Fury's resume (excluding Wilder) -

Otto
        Shwarz
        Pianeta
        Seferi
        Wlad*
        Hammer
        Chisora 2x
        Abell
        Cunningham
        Johnson
        Maddalone
        Rogan
        Pajkic
        Firtha

On and on.......

Fury fans have no room to talk

Comment

• Exactly. Wilders fans are just as delusional as he is. Fury would have knocked Wilder out again back in July had this paneramic thing not happened. And wilder and his fans would still be crying for a fourth fight right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
            Exactly. Wilders fans are just as delusional as he is. Fury would have knocked Wilder out again back in July had this paneramic thing not happened. And wilder and his fans would still be crying for a fourth fight right now.
            The agreed upon 3rd fight should be 1st.

Comment

• Wilder let the contract run out. He either didn't want the fight or he and his team are complete morons.

If Fury doesn't fight Joshua next and chooses some nobody he's going to look just as bad as Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro View Post
                It's because too many people out here marinating fights, as Mike Tyson said MMA out here trouncing boxing because they put on the fights people want to see and don't wait a millennia to do it.
                ABC and XYZ belts for every man and his dog, UFC has one name per weight belt, an undisputed champion. Boxing sanctioning bodies, plus promoters, plus exclusive TV deals makes for a sh|t show every time when trying to make big fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squared.Circle View Post
                  Because the 39 below average opponents that Wilder has beat give clear indication that he's on a level above everybody, right? Lol the two genuine, live opponents that Ducktay Whiner has faced are Ortiz and Fury.

Ortiz 1: Ducktay Whiner was being beat to the punch in almost every instance, was fairly soundly outboxed, out on his feet then saved by the bell and was granted a little extra time in the following round under circumstances you never see (the referee is the sole arbiter of a fight, doctors aren't allowed to climb up on the ring apron and demand to examine a fighter) before finally landing the punch he'd been looking for all night.

Ortiz 2: Ducktay Whiner was embarrassingly outboxed, lost every minute of every round before finally being able to land a peach of a punch.

Fury 1: Ducktay Whiner was embarrassingly outboxed for 9 rounds and gifted a draw.

Fury 2: Ducktay Whiner was embarrassingly dominated from the opening bell and stopped.

When you add all that to the fact that Ducktay Whiner was heavily dropped by a cruiserweight, rocked hard by Eric fúcking Molina (), was out on his feet in the twelfth round of the first Fury fight against a fat, tired, still-recovering-from-a-knockdown opponent...it suggests Ducktay Whiner is a level below everybody in the top ten.

He's struggled against the likes of Artur Szpilka and Gerald Washington for shít sake. They're a level below the guys that are a level below.

You say AJ is the most fragile? Everybody that has hurt him have been proven punchers, except Ruiz, who landed a punch that most (definitely not Ducktay Whiner) would not recover from...as opposed the the guys I just mentioned who have hurt chinny Ducktay Whiner

Lastly, you do realise, that team Wilder flat out and openly ducked Klitschko, right (as well as AJ, like the man himself admitted)? "Wilder is just a baby in the division, he's not ready for Klitschko yet"...after 30 something fights

As I previously said, if Ducktay Whiner had fought legitimate, above-average opponents throughout his career, he would have been laid out like a Persian rug a long time ago.
                  Calm down.

Some of you guys make every post regarding Wilder personal.
                  I am just a boxing fan. Repeat, just a boxing fan. Not a FAN boy of any fighter.
                  So I am neither PRO nor ANTI Wilder or any other fighter for that matter.
                  I do not care where they come from or the behind the scenes boxing politics.

If I state who i predict wins in any fight it is NOT because i am PRO that fighter but merely because of what i have seen that fighter do in the ring.

I have been a boxing fan for decades and was reading boxing magazines at an age when most were reading comic books.

I.AM.JUST.A.BOXING.FAN. ....I eat sleep and drink this stuff...everything else is a .........distant second.

Most of you waste tooo much energy being anti Wilder for really no good reason.

You can nitpick and discount his record all you want but the man separates opponents from their senses in a manner I have not seen in years.

Losing a fight is not the end of the world in case you did not know that.

How many times have you bet against Wilder and how many times have you won!!!

Wilder will be back. Doing the same thing he is known for and that is separating people from their senses.

Once again calm down. It is not good for your blood pressure.

From a true boxing fan. Not a fan boy.

I have no problem betting money on Wilder in a 3rd fight against Fury.

Hope that fight happens.
                  Last edited by slimPickings; 12-05-2020, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Where is Shirley Finkel in all these?
                    He's full of arrogance in the AJ negotiations.
                    Didn't even want to talk to Hearn on the phone.

Chickens are coming home to roost.
                    Hundreds of millions of $$$$$ evaporated.
                    Investments, which included Espinoza's budget, for overpaying Wilder
                    anticipating another rounds of negotiations with DAZN made zero gains.

Stephen gave up on the Bomber even early:

Showtime's Espinoza: Wilder-Ortiz PPV 'Deal Didn't Make Sense For Us'
                    Last edited by rickJen; 12-05-2020, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
                      Where is Shirley Finkel in all these?
                      He's full of arrogance in the AJ negotiations.
                      Didn't even want to talk to Hearn on the phone.

Chickens are coming home to roost.
                      Hundreds of millions of $$$$$ evaporated.
                      Investments, which included Espinoza's budget, for overpaying Wilder
                      anticipating another rounds of negotiations with DAZN made zero gains.

Stephen gave up on the Bomber even early:

Showtime's Espinoza: Wilder-Ortiz PPV 'Deal Didn't Make Sense For Us'

if you manage to lose someone a guaranteed 120m would you show your face too?

Comment

Working...
                      X