Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BJ Saunders 2nd Drug Sample Tested Clean, We Have A Fight! SAUNDERS vs ANDRADE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    The half life of the drug is a few hours I think. It was probably flushed out in the first sample and undetectable in the second. Likely a small dose was taken on the day of the test..... maybe a nasal spray? lol
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I thought I heard the half life of this product is short. Hence if he was using it as a performance enhancing product he'd have been using it daily that far out still. So basically his story checks out. He was likely just using this product for its original intent. Or thats what I recall from what I previously heard or is my take on this news. Anyone feel free to correct me if they better recall or know whats up with this specific banned substance.
    Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    I thought they take both A and B sample at the exact same time?
    Maybe he was using it because he had a cold and he sneezed or blew his nose while the sample was being taken?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Maybe he was using it because he had a cold and he sneezed or blew his nose while the sample was being taken?
      He threw some in sample A on purpose to play mind games. Would be an ATG move if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
        That is true but his B sample is negative so he’s proven innocent by VADA’s own rules if B sample is clean the first test is disregarded.
        Ahhhh, so I just read VADA rules and the samples are taken from the same container. 90ml of urine is collected, 30ml in the B sample and the rest in the A sample.

They test the A sample first not knowing what to look for, if there is drugs found then they test the B sample knowing what to look for..... if they can't find it in the B sample then no rules have been broken.

Learn something every day...

Comment

Ahhhh, so I just read VADA rules and the samples are taken from the same container. 90ml of urine is collected, 30ml in the B sample and the rest in the A sample.

They test the A sample first not knowing what to look for, if there is drugs found then they test the B sample knowing what to look for..... if they can't find it in the B sample then no rules have been broken.

He still has a hearing and needs to be cleared by the commission but I’ll be absolutely shocked if he doesn’t get licensed after presenting them with negative test. Therefore, despite it not being confirmed by any outlet.. I’m 100% positive this fight will go ahead. Just waiting on a official announcement.

Comment

He still has a hearing and needs to be cleared by the commission but I’ll be absolutely shocked if he doesn’t get licensed after presenting them with negative test. Therefore, despite it not being confirmed by any outlet.. I’m 100% positive this fight will go ahead. Just waiting on a official announcement.
            After reading the rules I agree, 100% he will be licenced as no rules have been broken. The test is negative by VADA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
              He cheated. I don't get how a second test clears anything up, if there was drugs in one test it means he cheated surely.

True, they don't bring charges against anyone unless both samples test positive for the same banned substance. That's because of the possibility of mistakes or contamination during the analysis.

In the case of BJS, Dr Goodman at VADA said the oxilofrine could have "resulted from" the presence of a legal dose of ephidrine. Maybe they took that into account and analysed the B sample in a different way?

Comment

Eddie had a deal ready with the #2. Victor Conte did countless posts and interviews on how strong Oxilofrine was. Andrade wanted to fight the #2. Now the true champ BJ Saunders has been cleared. B sample came back negative. This likely has ignited a fire within Saunders. Game on!
                Hearn would have wanted to cover his base, no doubt about that. But he also wants as many viewers as possible for his DAZN shows, so I think he will be relieved if Andrade can fight BJS instead of some obscure African who's name I can't remember!

Comment

Hearn would have wanted to cover his base, no doubt about that. But he also wants as many viewers as possible for his DAZN shows, so I think he will be relieved if Andrade can fight BJS instead of some obscure African who's name I can't remember!
                  That is true and Eddie openly said he wants this fight to go ahead but the shrewd business man he is, he had a back contingency plan.

Comment

True, they don't bring charges against anyone unless both samples test positive for the same banned substance. That's because of the possibility of mistakes or contamination during the analysis.

In the case of BJS, Dr Goodman at VADA said the oxilofrine could have "resulted from" the presence of a legal dose of ephidrine. Maybe they took that into account and analysed the B sample in a different way?
                    Unless we have PhD's in chemistry and know the testing procedures we will never know. This stuff is complicated and I can never find out much regarding the actual testing procedure's for each specific drug. I try to research it as much as I can when a boxer tests positive but you can only go so far..... we have to believe the PhD's (Dr's) at VADA in these cases.

As proven today, I didn't even know how A and B samples worked What I do know is that the B sample is negative, BJS is clean, fight is on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      I thought they take both A and B sample at the exact same time?
                      That is standard procedure I think - the B sample is like a backup in case the result is contested.

Comment

Working...
                      X