Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of people owe Mikey an apology...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of people owe Mikey an apology...

Many boxing fans doubted Mikey would step up and face Errol Spence (me included) but he has, and for that he deserves huge credit.
    A lot of people on here we’re real harsh on Mikey, completely dismissing his intent to chase greatness, calling him the “boy who cried wolf” etc. Well, Mikey has proved these doubters WRONG, and for a fighter to take such a massive risk, in the modern era were it seems everyone is protecting that “0”, it must be commended.
    Credit to Mikey Garcia...

He deserves credit if he is successful otherwise it's very stupid decision when a Loma fight can be made Spence can ruin the guy career

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      He deserves credit if he is successful otherwise it's very stupid decision when a Loma fight can be made Spence can ruin the guy career
      Stupid or not, what OP is saying is that posters said he was crying wolf. Along with saying he was using the Spence name to avoid other fights, etc. They were wrong.

Comment

I never doubted he would take the fight, I doubted whether he could win.

Comment

The people who said he was doing it for attention are idiots and yes, they should fess up.

But, Mikey shouldn't be praised for this. He's cashing himself out and I think it's a cheap move. Shame on Spence too. PBC as well. I don't like any of this taking a mismatch and turning it into a PPV.

Comment

I dont think anyone doubted Mikey would step up. We all just think its stupid and unnecessary. He name drops every single boxer alive but at the end of the day he has to face somebody.

It just happens this time its spence. Why is it spence? Who knows. The only person who knows is Mikey.

We all rag on him because the p4p king himself. Lomachenko, is right in his division and he completely ignored that fight. He claims its Arum, his fans claim its Arum, but the truth is the fight would have been available to him if he wanted it much sooner than later. Why go up to 147 and THEN drain back down to 135 for lomachenko? It makes no sense.

Imagine if SLR was like I'm gonna go all the way up to CW and fight Holyfield and then I want a piece of Hagler?

That's just dumb.

What would Mikey winning prove? I think it would speak more volumes about how good of a champ spence is rather than how good Mikey is. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Agree, but he'll never give Arum the satisfaction of one of the his fighters beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                The people who said he was doing it for attention are idiots and yes, they should fess up.

But, Mikey shouldn't be praised for this. He's cashing himself out and I think it's a cheap move. Shame on Spence too. PBC as well. I don't like any of this taking a mismatch and turning it into a PPV.
                Maybe he thinks he can win.

Comment

How do we know that Mickey isn't taking a dive?

Comment

he has very big balls for sure
                    /salute
                    he deserves credit no matter what

Comment

Working...
                    X