Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC up for sale & Showtime about to pull the plug on boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Yeah superstar numbers.

Increased his pay 5x, decreased his viewership.
    But your here supporting his numbers though right? LOL

Comment

• Get ready to join HBO Boxing Showtime😂

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        But your here supporting his numbers though right? LOL
        I don't know how that made sense in your mind, but sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I think the people that have always wanted Haymon out of boxing will celebrate this news. I don't care if Showtime stays in boxing so long as we get good fights and more shows on Fox and FS1.

I still don't think putting boxing on a streaming service right now helps the sport in the long run. If ESPN would take fights off the app exclusively and put them on regular TV AND the app that IMO would be really helpful.

Hope Al finds a way to stay in boxing. If he can bring half the success to the sport as he did with Floyd and with world tours like Beyonce and Drake, the sport will be better.
          people? you do know who owns endeavor right?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I don't know how that made sense in your mind, but sure.
            Went right over your head..No wonder..

Comment

• This highly biased Op's exaggerated predictions of doom for PBC certainly did not age well ... as even with the pandemic here we are nearly two years later and PBC is marching on down the road.

Boxing as entertainment, for every entity trying to make a buck off of it, is somewhat of a constant struggle. Sports across the board have suffered greatly on TV, during the pandemic.

For boxing fans though, there is the strange phenomenon of certain fans and fangirls actually cheering and rooting for some of the important boxing providers, to fail. I don't see any other sport's fans clamoring for their media and live-gate providers to fail and go out of business. There are some serious animosities and partialities in boxing obviously.

Fortunately, predictions of the demise of PBC were greatly exaggerated by "some" in 2019, and continue to be in 2021. Hopefully, for the sake of all boxing fans, those who invest in providing access to the sport of boxing will thrive, in a difficult marketplace. Hopefully widespread access to boxing will stay with real fans throughout this new decade. Thanks to all the PRIVIDERS for finding a way ...

To the haters of PBC and/or any other boxing media providers ... hopefully you'll have to acquire a taste for foot in mouth for the foreseeable future, LoL!

Comment

• Would love to see someone like sugar ray leonard bring back boxing on network tv. I know it's complicated and he has through go to great lengths to try. Boxing needs this badly instead being on premium networks. I do miss the production values of hbo though. That was some serious hyping of the fights before the ring walks.

Comment

Working...
                X