Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez on Loma Rematch: F--k Him!, I'm The King Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rematch would be great what Loma did in the 2nd half many will think if he can get started early he might win it odds would probably be pretty even this time . It would be great for both fighters legacies as long as they win

Comment

Kzbox I'm not disagreeing about Lopez before the fight, I just think that Lomas reaction after it tells us more about him than about Lopez.

Seen so much trash talking, disrespect, promotion? Whatever you want to call it before a fight but most of the time it's disregarded once they've fought, they can respect each other as fighters. Lomas reaction is childish IMO, but that's from me looking in from the outside from thousands of miles away so what do I know??

Comment

I wouldn't mind a rematch, it was a good interesting fight. Lopez stormed in to a big lead but Loma pulled it back in the 2nd half and in the end it was close.

But if Loma needs surgery I'd rather Lopez focus on the REAL WBC belt next and then take it from there. He has options in the division and the division above.

Comment

Loma is corny for his behavior after the fight. Sure Lopez trash talked, but that that's what he needed to do to land the fight and promote it. Plus he backed it up. Lopez didn't have the luxury of arrogantly demanding a title shot in his first pro fight like Loma did. Then being granted the title shot in just his second pro fight, losing, and then immediately getting another title shot in just his 3rd pro fight. People work years to get those kinds of opportunities that were handed to Loma. So I don't blame Lopez for doing what many have done before him, which was creating a buzz around himself to draw interest in him landing a big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            I'd like to see a rematch... thought Teo won but I'd be real interested to see if Loma could do more with a smarter approach or whether he learned anything that could make a difference. Lotta intrigue in part 2 for me.

Gotta imagine there's good $$$s in it for Teo too, not sure who he could fight right now that'd earn him more.
            This I agree with right here. Especially the second paragraph. Money wise it's the biggest fight Teo could make. I also wonder if Lomo rolls the dice and tries to push the pace from the opening bell. In a rematch I would still pick Teo for the ko. I was picking Teo for the ko in the first one and was wrong though.

Comment

I don't mind a rematch because Teo stops him in a rematch but if they king of the lightweight division tells him to get in line then get in line

Comment

Has nothing to do with Loma's attitude after. Teo looks the worse as the undisputed when you compare him to great boxers before. Saying, "I won fair and square, why fight again." That is not the way a Duran or Floyd talks. It was a close fight and even though Teo did nothing wrong and came through in the end, it was too close to leave it at that. Plus it's the biggest pay day and one of the biggest rivalry in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by PredatorStyle View Post
                  Has nothing to do with Loma's attitude after. Teo looks the worse as the undisputed when you compare him to great boxers before. Saying, "I won fair and square, why fight again." That is not the way a Duran or Floyd talks. It was a close fight and even though Teo did nothing wrong and came through in the end, it was too close to leave it at that. Plus it's the biggest pay day and one of the biggest rivalry in boxing.
                  Actually, it has everything to do with that. Real bad blood and unsportsmanlike conduct is a turnoff, all of which Loma has displayed.

Comment

Turning into a jackazz with each passing day/interview.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                      Crazy how everyone was calling Loma an ATG and comparing him to floyd and Manny when all he did was beat C level belt holders.. Never beat a future HOF and there were writers saying Loma would beat Floyd. Loma looked great against c level competition. Pretty Boy Floyd would have killed Loma. Ppl making excuses that Loma was too small for the division yet u have Floyd and Manny who were beating guys bigger then them. Limas skills aren't good enough to beat bigger guys like Manny's and Floyd's were
                      Im a big Lomachenko fan, love his boxing style especially at 135 were its not that easy and he needs to be super crafty.

But who said he's better than Mayweather or especially Pacquiao. Thats just not true.

Comment

Working...
                      X