Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you see Mikey Garcia being able to compete with Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you see Mikey Garcia being able to compete with Crawford?

Thinking of Mikey fighting at 14O, you automatically picture him fighting the best super lightweight I'm the world, and top ten pound for pounder T-Craw.

As skilled as Mikey is, and as powerful of a punch as he has, I just can't see his skill set overcoming the natural size disparity and equal yet slightly different skill set of Crawford.

Mikey Garcia should never fight Crawford, because his scalp belongs to Loma

Comment

They are both equally skilled and talented, yet Crawford's style is just all wrong for Mikey's style when Mikey is giving up a difference on size.

I can see Mikey carrying most of his punch up to 14O.

And I can see Mikey having success against guys at 14O with come-forward styles who are inside fighters.

Because Mikey heavily relies on his boxing fundamentals which are so finely polished and his technique perfect. But with a rangy guy like Crawford who had natural counterpunching tendencies as well as an aggressive style that enables him to stalk and walk you down, I just think would be all wrong for Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
        Mikey Garcia should never fight Crawford, because his scalp belongs to Loma
        I think Loma beats Mikey too, but I'd give Mikey a much greater chance against Loma due to Mikey being the naturally larger, and rangier guy

Mikey only has a puncher's chance against Crawford, and not much of one IMO.

I think this is just a case of "styles make fights," coupled with the old adage of "a great bigger guy beats a great smaller guy."

Just don't see anyway whatsoever Garcia can beat Crawford save a Hail Mary punch.

But I can see a few ways Garcia could beat Loma - I can actually see Garcia timing Loma's fleet footwork and dexterous movements and offsetting it with a crisp powerfully timed jab, and his 1-2 that can work like a charm.

Again, doe, I definitely think Loma beats Mikey, I just think Garcia has much better chances against Loma.
        Last edited by Cheek busting; 05-21-2017, 02:48 AM.

Comment

I believe Crawford beat Garcia in the amateurs...Garcia was the one who told TopRank to sign Crawford...they know each other well.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
            I think Loma beats Mikey too, but I'd give Mikey a much greater chance against Loma due to Mikey being the naturally larger, and rangier guy

Mikey only has a puncher's chance against Crawford, and not much of one IMO.

I think this is just a case of "styles make fights," coupled with the old adage of "a great bigger guy beats a great smaller guy."

Just don't see anyway whatsoever Garcia can beat Crawford save a Hail Mary punch.

But I can see a few ways Garcia could beat Loma - I can actually see Garcia timing Loma's fleet footwork and dexterous movements and offsetting it with a crisp powerfully timed jab, and his 1-2 that can work like a charm
            So why do you favor Crawford against Thurman and Porter?

Comment

No, size matter. He needs to defeat Loma, to convince me he has a chance against Crawford.

Loma vs Mikey winner should fight Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                So why do you favor Crawford against Thurman and Porter?
                Lol where do I say that I favor him against those names?

1.) Porter isn't a "great" anything. Crawford is much more polished, refined, and skilled. So that analogy doesn't apply - that is a great smaller man (who really isn't even much smaller - just has a different frame and cuts more weight) against a good bigger man.

2.) I would favor Thurman over Crawford due to Thurman's lateral movement and while he's not really.much bigger naturally , I do think his experience fighting at heavier weights would play a role in Thurman winning (if they fought before Crawford adapted much more to fighting at 147).

But how you got that out of what I said is beyond me. That adage applies when there is a marked difference in size like there woild be with Crawford and Garcia at this point, and when one doesn't have a stylistic advantage (which Garcia doesn't against Crawford).
                Last edited by Cheek busting; 05-21-2017, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
                  No, size matter. He needs to defeat Loma, to convince me he has a chance against Crawford.

Loma vs Mikey winner should fight Crawford.
                  Eh, I don't think so. Loma is only a year or two into 13O, and moved up from 126. For him to jump to 14O against a huge 14O pounder with such a world class skill set would be asking way too much . But Loma is that special of a talent where only he could pull something like that off.

I think a Loma vs Garcia fight should happen soon, though. As Garcia is a natural lightweight and while Loma would be smallish for the division, more than makes up for it with his skills.

Crawford is likely to move up to 147 soon, though. And that's definitely too big for Loma anytime soon at least

Comment

Doesn't Crawford blow up in the 15O's on fight night?

Dude sure looks like it

He has a very rangy frame

Comment

Working...
                    X