Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Russians have beaten the Germans without the USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly but it would have been a long and grueling process with massive losses on both sides. I couldn't see Russia doing an invasion of Germany but at home they would hold off German forces indefinitely. Like I said a long and grueling battle.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
      i think it's very probable.

Stalingrad was the turning point. The factories were in full bloom and I think they would have pushed back the Germans all the way to Berlin.

It would have been a brutal slugfest though(even worst than the actual brutal slugfest of WW2). The Germans could have thrown a million more men against Stalin if they didn't have a Western Front.
      Pls learn please learn. Britain won the war.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        If the u.s didn't enter the war, Europe minus Russia would be the new Germany and the Pacific would be the empire of Japan.
        Not true no mates. Britain beat japan and germany

Comment

The Russians held back significant forces in the East to deal with a expected Japanese invasion... After Stalin was convinced that the Japanese would not attack, the Eastern forces were sent to fight the Germans, tipping the balance...

Had Hitler convinced the Japanese to attack Russia sometime before Barbarossa, they both would have rolled up Russia... Russia would have had it's own 2 front war...

Hitler also didn't need to attack Stalingrad at all, it was a ego thing... The Germans had route to the oil fields in the south, they could have simply blockaded Stalingrad and spoiled the South... That might have drawn Stalin to commit prematurely...

Russia is too vast to occupy completely for very long...
          In the long term, I don't think Germany would have occupied all of Russia, just the parts they wanted...

Now Imperial Japan and Germany together might have had success in occupying strategic parts of Russia within their regions... That might also have kept a consolidated Unified Russian counter offensive from becoming realistically possible... Whichever area the Russians choose to attack would leave their other front critically vulnerable...

Comment

As far as who you can congratulate for winning WW2 in Europe, the Soviets (80%), UK and USA (20%). The main contribution US and UK made was flattening German cities that had little strategic impact. The liberation of France and Western front was largely due to the complete erosion of the German military and denial of it's fuel resources by the Soviets. The Soviets would have been at the gates of Berlin in good time regardless of the allies.
            Last edited by Money Shot; 06-14-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

the US role against germany gets overstated. it was the russian campaign that ****ed over germany. britain was pretty powerful back then so it would have took some doing for germany to have successfully invaded them, they couldnt get past the royal navy and the RAF.

Comment

Russians were the ones started all these shid afterall. UK, USA, and France were also responsible for they blocked German goods bcz it waas growing really fast.
                What Germans were suppossed to do when Russias were trying to invade small Eastern Europa countries and deploy tanks and troops by the border to apparently strike Germany? Hitler says that "If my enemy is pointing his gun at me I cannot wait, I'll be the one to pull the trigger first."

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
                  Hitler never wanted to take over the world lol.. he didn't even want war with UK and France.

Some people today are so silly
                  I see those sites and articles you have been reading have turned you into a Hitler sympathizer.

Comment

Shout out to Stalin for massively weakening Germany/Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      I see those sites and articles you have been reading have turned you into a Hitler sympathizer.
                      Liberals are hitter symphatizer waiting to be awaken

Comment

Working...
                      X