Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't double what Canelo got vs Cotto a fair amount for GGG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't double what Canelo got vs Cotto a fair amount for GGG.

Seems more then fair to me.

because all GGG been doing has been begging for a payday under his rules, thats why he was willing to put his 160 belt on the line against rosado at a catchweight but started crying cause canelo won the title at a catchweight lmfao.

Comment

Canelo is still young and new if he took less against Cotto that it would boost is earning power for future fights and add to his legacy.

GGG is in his mid 30s and the fight with Canelo will likely be the biggest of his career. So he wants to get as much money out of it as possible.

Comment

Explain how that makes sense. Because it makes none

Comment

Originally posted by Rysandro View Post
          Seems more then fair to me.
          Canelo got a lower guarantee but he also got ppv upsidr so he made significantly more considering the fight did 900k buys. If golovkin takes a flat fee for a fight that could very well do over 1M buys he would be leaving a lot of money on the table.

Comment

Majority of the money comes from PPV profits, not flat fee. Both Canelo and Cotto had a portion of PPV money.

Here's Oscar saying they're only gonna offer him flat fee with no PPV - this was 2 weeks ago. Then last weekend Oscar mentioned "PPV upside" because he knew the idiots who hate Golovkin would bite on it and start parroting that Golovkin turned down this great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
              Canelo got a lower guarantee but he also got ppv upsidr so he made significantly more considering the fight did 900k buys. If golovkin takes a flat fee for a fight that could very well do over 1M buys he would be leaving a lot of money on the table.
              Rumors are e the current offer is 10 million + upside

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...nap-story.html

Golovkin, in an interview with The Times last month, speculated that beyond Alvarez relinquishing his World Boxing Council middleweight belt to Golovkin in May instead of making a fight, he expected De La Hoya to make a low-ball offer of $2 million for a 2017 fight as a means to further avoid the Kazakhstan fighter from Los Angeles.

To which DLH is now responding:

“If you say I’m going to offer you $2 million, well, guess what? I’m offering you a substantial amount. Eight figures,” De La Hoya said. “Take the offer, sign the contract and let’s make the fight. Stop calling people clowns.

“There’s obviously [pay-per-view] upside and if he’s not happy with what I’m offering, good luck to him fighting someone where he can make that money. He never will.”
              Last edited by Rysandro; 09-19-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

If team GGG won't refute these latest claims then we can only expect them to be true

Comment

I dont know exacts with the situation but what was reported as the "purse" was a fraction of what he actually made

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    I dont know exacts with the situation but what was reported as the "purse" was a fraction of what he actually made
                    Some from Mexican TV money too, GGG doesn't deserve a dime of that tho

Comment

Working...
                    X