No announcement yet.

Two 13-year-old girls killed by train in double suicide; leave notes behind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Why does Japan have such a high suicide rate?
    Way of Bushido is still prevalent in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      According to the Way of Dokkodo Be indifferent to where you live.

It's a shame that Japan is abandoning its' past and taking on the ways of the gaijin.
      definitely something that I have heard before:

1.Accept everything just the way it is.
      2.Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
      3.Do not give preference to anything among all things.
      4.Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
      5.Be detached from desire your whole life.
      6.Do not regret what you have done.
      7.Never be jealous.
      8.Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
      9.Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
      10.Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
      11.Do not seek elegance and beauty in all things.
      12.Be indifferent to where you live.
      13.Do not pursue the taste of good food.
      14.Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
      15.Do not act following customary beliefs.
      16.Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
      17.Do not fear death.
      18.Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
      19.Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
      20.You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honor.
      21.Never stray from the way

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        definitely something that I have heard before:

1.Accept everything just the way it is.
        2.Do not seek pleasure for its own sake.
        3.Do not give preference to anything among all things.
        4.Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world.
        5.Be detached from desire your whole life.
        6.Do not regret what you have done.
        7.Never be jealous.
        8.Never let yourself be saddened by a separation.
        9.Resentment and complaint are appropriate neither for oneself nor others.
        10.Do not let yourself be guided by the feeling of lust or love.
        11.Do not seek elegance and beauty in all things.
        12.Be indifferent to where you live.
        13.Do not pursue the taste of good food.
        14.Do not hold on to possessions you no longer need.
        15.Do not act following customary beliefs.
        16.Do not collect weapons or practice with weapons beyond what is useful.
        17.Do not fear death.
        18.Do not seek to possess either goods or fiefs for your old age.
        19.Respect Buddha and the gods without counting on their help.
        20.You may abandon your own body but you must preserve your honor.
        21.Never stray from the way
        Lots of pain in Japan. The above is for or was for samurai!

Comment

Absolutely tragic when even children run out of hope. People shouldn't be doing that until about 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
            Absolutely tragic when even children run out of hope. People shouldn't be doing that until about 18.
            You and I will probably be joining them if Matthysse loses his next fight.

I already came damn close after that Postol fight. Luckily, they talked me down from the ledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
              Agreed. But, they did it together, which is also scary.

I feel for the families.

Because they are minors their photos haven't been in the news.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                You and I will probably be joining them if Matthysse loses his next fight.

I already came damn close after that Postol fight. Luckily, they talked me down from the ledge.
                I lost money on that fight. Postol flipped over my apple cart.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  Why does Japan have such a high suicide rate?
                  Good question.
                  Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Lot's of societal pressure, bullying, a shrinking economy, loss of opportunities, loss of hope.

But I am just scratching the surface.
                  Personally I think that's a load of crock.

societal pressure? The economy? Loss of opportunities? LOSS OF HOPE!? These are reasons a middle aged person in their 40s might consider suicide (and I think suicide is cowardice across the board.) not a 13 year old.

Literally none of that has any real bearing on someone that age.

Bullying is the only one I buy, and even then. Bullying, to suicide? If every kid offed themselves after being bullied, the human race would be long extinct because everyone gets bullied at some point in their life.

There are more respectful and reasonable ways of addressing one's issues other than taking the easy way out and quitting basically, on life.

As bad as the USA is right now with all the PC/Censorship/focus on "feelings", it's painfully clear Japan is so much worse. It's a shame too beacuse they have a fantastic culture, are at the forefront of technology, and actually seem to have family values as an important facet of society, something very much missing here in the USA.

I have never been sympathetic towards suicide prone people, and for the record I myself was suicidal for a while, when in the lowest of the lows of my PTSD and depression due to mixed emotions of my military service, and the lack of employment opportunities I had at the time. But that time has passed, and I am ashamed I was ever at that level.

It's not how you fall, it's how you get up, and if you choose to not get up, then you don't get my respect at all.

Comment

Another two we won't get to see in blurred out hairy cooter Jap **** in the near future. What a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      Good question.

Personally I think that's a load of crock.

societal pressure? The economy? Loss of opportunities? LOSS OF HOPE!? These are reasons a middle aged person in their 40s might consider suicide (and I think suicide is cowardice across the board.) not a 13 year old.

Literally none of that has any real bearing on someone that age.

Bullying is the only one I buy, and even then. Bullying, to suicide? If every kid offed themselves after being bullied, the human race would be long extinct because everyone gets bullied at some point in their life.

There are more respectful and reasonable ways of addressing one's issues other than taking the easy way out and quitting basically, on life.

As bad as the USA is right now with all the PC/Censorship/focus on "feelings", it's painfully clear Japan is so much worse. It's a shame too beacuse they have a fantastic culture, are at the forefront of technology, and actually seem to have family values as an important facet of society, something very much missing here in the USA.

I have never been sympathetic towards suicide prone people, and for the record I myself was suicidal for a while, when in the lowest of the lows of my PTSD and depression due to mixed emotions of my military service, and the lack of employment opportunities I had at the time. But that time has passed, and I am ashamed I was ever at that level.

It's not how you fall, it's how you get up, and if you choose to not get up, then you don't get my respect at all.
                      Glad you were able to get up. I agree with some of your points.

There was a follow up on Japanese TV, the girls were being bullied, and their families had fallen on hard times. I have lived here for 10 years this time, there is a lot of pressure, juku, school every Saturday too. No time to be a kid.

The mandatory retirement age is 60 in Japan. Lots of high functioning middle aged and brilliant people are forced to retire at 60. It is a waste of talent.

Japan is different from the U.S. In so many ways. Too many to list here.

Comment

Working...
                      X