Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather had beaten Martinez At A Catchweight Would He Have Gotten Credit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mayweather had beaten Martinez At A Catchweight Would He Have Gotten Credit

Fellas, If Floyd had been the one to defeat a 39 year old, injured Martinez at a catchweight do you think he would have gotten the same amount of credit that Cotto is receiving?

I like Miguel and give him full credit for that performance but let's be honest Martinez was not the same guy who KO'd Williams and destroyed Pavlik. His knees were bad, his legs were not the same, and he couldn't pull the trigger from the opening bell. Yet Cotto is a getting a TON of credit for that win.

Do you guys believe Floyd would be receiving the same amount of credit had he been the one to defeat an aging Martinez at a catchweight?
    Yes
    25.00%
    No
    75.00%

Cotto's not receiving that much credit, people are talking incessantly about Sergio's knee.

If Mayweather had fought him at a catchweight (below 159), in addition to the knee problem, he would have received even less credit.

I think a lot of people are just happy for Cotto, he's a good guy who has had some tough defeats but has persevered and reached the summit.

Comment

I'm going to say floyd and canelo would be called cherry pickers taking advantage of a man with injuries and be called paper middleweight champions

But cotto they acting like he beat a prime Sergio and acting like he would clean out the middle weight division including 154 when he got outclassed by floyd and Austin trout I repeat austin trout at the garden

Comment

No. Not at all.

Comment

No. Because Mayweather fights like a little *****, where as Cotto does not. That's the massive difference you ****-stick. Don't act like you cannot comprehend this simple fact.

Comment

Floyd would've gotten more credit than Cotto is getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
              Floyd would've gotten more credit than Cotto is getting.
              I completely disagree

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                No. Because Mayweather fights like a little *****, where as Cotto does not. That's the massive difference you ****-stick. Don't act like you cannot comprehend this simple fact.
                The arrogance of this little imp. Can't you simply reply without calling other posters names? But to answer the thread. A big No. May is held to a much higher standard. Remember how several posters discredited May's win against Cotto? And May's haters will come in droves discrediting any win. Catch weight or not.

Comment

LAst night Cotto beat a fighter who was clearly shot to bits. How does he get a huge amount of credit for that?

Comment

Floyd would be getting rightfully killed for beating this Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                    X