Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Donaire fights and beat Rigondeaux, is he the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if he beats Rigo with Wide UD [ not lucky K.O ] , I will put him over the great Martinez , he will be my No.1 P4P fighter today

and the ONLY case for Martinez to regain his No.1 spot will be by beating Mayweather or Ward

Rigo is so great , you need a miracle to beat him with wide UD

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      It would be his 4th real good opponent faced in his career. Darchinyan, Montiel and Mathebula are his only worthy opponents to mention. At 30 years old, you want a little more than just 3 good fighters on your resume. I do not see Nishioka, Marquez, Vazquez Jr, Sydorenko as fighters to mention like they're hot sh-t.

Donaire should look at his good friend, 28 year old Andre Ward. He has more really good fighters than Donaire, but he's two years younger. Dawson, Kessler, Froch, Bika, Abraham. Ward is beating guys who were favored to win tournaments, guys who are Ring champions, while Donaire is here wanting to fight...Jorge Arce. Come on.
      Beating a Ring champ gets full credit if you fight him at the weight he's the champ at. Counts some if you beat him 1 div up, very little if he goes down in weight, we know every lb counts. Froch and Kessler were very good wins, but neither ever Ring ranked p4p. Bika's a fringe contender that's never even won a belt. Can you find the last Donaire opponent in that class? All those guys you dismissed held belts at some point, way more accomplished than freaking Bika. AA is not a great SMW, and was coming off 2 shutout losses. Who's the last Donaire opponent on such a terrible streak?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        I think cleaning out the division (beating Rigo and the winner of Moreno/Mares) would solidify his P4P ranking. I would put him at #3 without hesitation.
        I don't think so. I mean... These are big iffs... What if Martinez beats a Cotto/Canelo? Ward gets another good win? It's gunna be impossible to bump them down with JUST a rigo win. That leaves us with Floyd. By default he's number one basically but do you think that even without losing Dinaire and company can bump him off? It's Particularly a touchy situation if Martinez is rated above him if they end up in the same class. How can you bump number one off if you never beat him? I guess Donaire would be in the big 4 as opposed to three. Interchange as you see fit.

The thing seperating Ward and Donaire is that Ward is putting the beating on the best available opponent. He's not leavin a doubt. Is Rigo being overrated or hyped as a pro? Sure, maybe. But the fact there's even a doubt that Donaire might NOT be number 1 in his division should be incentive enough for him to fight Rigo IMO
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-19-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          I don't think so. I mean... These are big iffs... What if Martinez beats a Cotto/Canelo? Ward gets another good win? It's gunna be impossible to bump them down with JUST a rigo win. That leaves us with Floyd. By default he's number one basically but do you think that even without losing Dinaire and company can bump him off? It's Particularly a touchy situation if Martinez is rated above him if they end up in the same class. How can you bump number one off if you never beat him? I guess Donaire would be in the big 4 as opposed to three. Interchange as you see fit.

The thing seperating Ward and Donaire is that Ward is putting the beating on the best available opponent. He's not leavin a doubt. Is Rigo being overrated or hyped as a pro? Sure, maybe. But the fact there's even a doubt that Donaire might NOT be number 1 in his division should be incentive enough for him to fight Rigo IMO
          Donaire had no competition at 112 and 115, for years. He's only been at 122 for 9 months, already beating 3 top 10ers for 3 titles. How Martinez' current streak is comparable is beyond be: 4 fights against 2 unranked dudes, a midrange/fringe contender in Macklin, and JCC, wherever he falls.

Comment

I'll give him full credit. He never will fight Rigo though, hes terrified of El Chacal

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
              nope... beating a guy with 11 pro wins with an average resume is not exactly legendary...

rigo is a tremendous amateur fighter, no doubt... but so was ward, floyd, holyfield and dela hoya... see the difference?...
              No I don't c the difference, he has a belt and Nonito wants to unified so all roads leads to GR, what a c is four great amateurs with a lots of success in the professional rank too, what's the difference?
              PS. Holyfield won the CW Belt in his twelve fight vs. Dwight Muhammad Qawi, there were no fear back then...
              Last edited by garfios; 10-19-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Donaire had no competition at 112 and 115, for years. He's only been at 122 for 9 months, already beating 3 top 10ers for 3 titles. How Martinez' current streak is comparable is beyond be: 4 fights against 2 unranked dudes, a midrange/fringe contender in Macklin, and JCC, wherever he falls.
                Who wasn't ranked...?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Who wasn't ranked...?
                  Barker not top 10 at MW, ever. Dz never ranked at MW, doubtful Ring ranked at 154 due to layoff/not fighting a top 100 opponent in 2.5 years

Comment

absolutely...a win over the 11 fight Rigo puts him above Ray Robinson

Comment

Stupid poll options could you just put no he is not the goat which obviously he's not anyway. Stupid all around

Comment

Working...
                      X