No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting into baseball?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
    18 is way too late to pick up baseball and be good. If you want to f.uck around in an adult league you might be able to get by but you won't be dominating the league.
    has any known good baseball player started late in the mlb? If I end up progressing is there still a chance for me to go to a better team?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
      has any known good baseball player started late in the mlb? If I end up progressing is there still a chance for me to go to a better team?
      Baseball isnt like boxing where you can start like and make it big.

If your really good you can go try out for like a single A minor league team and take it from there.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
        There's those two guys from India who are about 19 who first picked up a baseball this year and have signed big league contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
          Sources?

The only way I might believe that is if they were bad ass cricket players.
          Google wasn't working for you?
          http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...pitchers_N.htm

Comment

well guys I just went and it was fun as ****! I didnt do as bad as I thought I would. The pitching part was alot harder than batting.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshPrince View Post
              Nice that's pretty good. Both of those guys must just have naturally live arms. Throwing 90-91 mph is pretty good and for a lefthander throwing that hard is sought after. I wonder if any of the top cricket players in India could make it as pitchers.

Comment

http://www.msblnational.com/main.aspx

This is the league I play in in Minnesota and I've been in the league since 1996. You can look up your local league and try out for the league. We have a yearly draft for guys who can't find a team. So there is a good chance if you have some ability you can get on a team. What state are you in?

There are actually two divisions, the mabl and msbl. I play in the mabl which is 18 and up and the msbl is 28 and up.
                Last edited by TheFairPole; 03-20-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X