Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would an Openly Gay Fighter Help or Hinder the Sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would an Openly Gay Fighter Help or Hinder the Sport?

I was listening to the Radio on kslx talk radio and they were talking about sports and gay sports players that are in the closet.

A caller said if a UFC fighter came out of the closet it would give the UFC even more exposure and any publicity is good publicity and the more the sport grows even it be a death, or an openly gay fighter the better because controversy sells.

do you agree or do you think it will hurt the sport?

Originally posted by Domain View Post
    I was listening to the Radio on kslx talk radio and they were talking about sports and gay sports players that are in the closet.

A caller said if a UFC fighter came out of the closet it would give the UFC even more exposure and any publicity is good publicity and the more the sport grows even it be a death, or an openly gay fighter the better because controversy sells.

we are all waiting for matt hughes to come out of the closet.

Comment

The only way it would help out the sport is if this gay fighter was a total badass and just beat the ever loving **** out of everybody. Otherwise he would take a lot of **** everywhere he went.

Comment

I would be afraid to get his blood on me in the octagon. might have aids.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Violence View Post
          we are all waiting for matt hughes to come out of the closet.
          LMAO! but seriously i dont think it would be in the fighters best interest to be open about his ****sexuality. Due to said mentioned other fighters being hesitant to face him for various moral and medical reasons.

i dont necessarily think it would be good or bad for the sport i just feel it would make the fighters career alot more difficult, in terms of moving up the ladder

Comment

I thought about how a boxer would feel if they were to lose to a gay boxer.Considering that boxing is a "manly" sport!

Comment

I cant see at all how it could help the sport, only hinder it.

Comment

I would not want to be rolling around the cage with a half naked gay on top of me

Comment

yes for many reason:

1. THe macho kids really think gays are wuss and not manly and they want a man sport

2. so much butt catching action better becareful not to be go down

Comment

Originally posted by dave777 View Post
                    I would not want to be rolling around the cage with a half naked gay on top of me
                    you get to much of that at home already, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X