Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Erupts, Tears Apart Hearn and Whyte Over Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    He was getting 4 for Povetkin cheating ass. 7 million isn't much espeically because this fight will do big numbers on UK PPV.

People in here would really rather him fight Whyte or some other bum? Ya gotta be kidding. Pay him and get it on. I'm never gonna complain about boxer's asking to get paid. That's why you negotiate.
    It would have to do about a million PPVs, you still have to pay Whyte and load up the undercard.

Comment

He was getting 4 for Povetkin cheating ass. 7 million isn't much espeically because this fight will do big numbers on UK PPV.

People in here would really rather him fight Whyte or some other bum? Ya gotta be kidding. Pay him and get it on. I'm never gonna complain about boxer's asking to get paid. That's why you negotiate.
      He only makes 1 million, Hearn offered him 3m guaranteed probably with a small PPV which will net him around 4m total. Plus this will make his fight with Joshua 10x bigger! and give him even more money and what does he do? Instead of negotiating with his adviser and Hearn he puts out a ridiculous number and a vague statement saying ''my terms'' and then goes on an inane rant while misspelling half his words. Dude is a ****ing bum and im American!

Comment

Whyte isn't a ppv fighter over here. His last scheduled fight against wach struggled to move tickets this would be his first headline event bar the aj fight. 3 million is more than fair if he only got 1mil for his last defence. This also has the added bonus of raising his profile in the U.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          It would have to do about a million PPVs, you still have to pay Whyte and load up the undercard.
          Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
          He only makes 1 million, Hearn offered him 3m guaranteed probably with a small PPV which will net him around 4m total. Plus this will make his fight with Joshua 10x bigger! and give him even more money and what does he do? Instead of negotiating with his adviser and Hearn he puts out a ridiculous number and a vague statement saying ''my terms'' and then goes on an inane rant while misspelling half his words. Dude is a ****ing bum and im American!
          I misread. Thought he was asking for 7 million to fight Joshua.

But no Whyte is a bum. Don't care whether he fights the guy to
          "make the fight bigger" or not.

Comment

This is one of the dumber moves by Wilder. I'm a fan of his but I think this way of negotiating - going to twitter and talkin' smack - doesn't help his case. He needs to be a little more shrewd in making his demands.

Next fight: look for a rematch with Stiverne (yawn) for a payday of $1million.

Comment

Wilder gets thrown another easy bum fight and he's complaining ? I don't buy it. It's a show. He knows people are laughing at him for fighting the divisions worst fighters so he's trying to save face. It works on most so called fans but actions speak louder than words and so far he's done nothing but fight bums. Joshua is the real champ and has more belts

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                I wonder what the terms are. Options to promote Wilder's next couple of fights? Fight has to be in the UK?
                I suspect it is, which is understandable, he would need to fight in the UK to build the Joshua fight.

I would've believed him, that it was about the terms, had he not increased the money

Comment

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
                  If Klithcky don't want none with AJ next. Wilder is doing the right thing telling Hearn he aint settling for Whyte he wants AJ for unification fight and 7 mil sounds about right. IBF can FCK off with there Pulev mandatory b.s.; unification title fights nullifies that crap fight from the IBF Wilder is calling out the so called top dog right now and you haters still **** on him. Damn if you do damn if you don't on this site .

And I always believed that was the case with unifications. That they overrule mandatories.

But just recently Indongo wants to unify with Crawford but the IBF is not allowing it threatening to strip him of his title if he fights Crawford in a unification fight?

If there's one thing true about these sanctioning bodies it's that they are consistently inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Bundini Br View Post
                    If Povetkin didn't get caught cheating, WILDER would have gotten 4mil for the fight. Also we should give WILDER props for traveling to another country to defend title!
                    was getting 4 mil bc fight was in Russia....and gets no props bc Povetkin promoter won purse bid and Bumsquad would have lost title if he didn't go to Russia to defend! Wilder is the most unpopular US HW champ EVER...should gladly take 3 mil to fight Whyte anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
                      was getting 4 mil bc fight was in Russia....and gets no props bc Povetkin promoter won purse bid and Bumsquad would have lost title if he didn't go to Russia to defend! Wilder is the most unpopular US HW champ EVER...should gladly take 3 mil to fight Whyte anywhere.
                      The offer is £3 million plus TV deal revenue that would earn him more than $4 million for this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X