Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-29-2018, 04:39 AM #131
Contender

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
apollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond reputeapollocreed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 123,477,918.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan bri View Post
right on man. Even Lennox could see who was ducking who and even a few brits on this board are starting to admit it. Of course their are a few brits who refuse to believe it and even if AJ himself said he was ducking wilder they still wouldnít believe it.
I'm a Brit, and I'm not even a Joshua fan, I just think they should fight as a neutral boxing fan. He's just a big musclebound tree to me. Lewis on the other hand is an all time great and the best of his era, with Holyfield in second.
apollocreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-29-2018, 04:40 AM #132
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Jkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these partsJkp is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,000,123,487,252.62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisCreed View Post
Yes AJ said it in a recent interview and also said he's going to run his career the way he wants and that he's not going to be rushed into a fight. That's where Lennox got it from, it's on YouTube.
The only way to be a champ is fight the best. If he's not ready he should give up his belt.

Paper champ
Jkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:42 AM #133
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1196 Post(s)
alexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond reputealexguiness has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 150,000,000,000,030,102,519,808.00
Tim Lane replica medal for trainer of the decade - Mike D 

Joshua does not come out of this looking great TBH.

At least he is humble about the whole affair.
alexguiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:45 AM #134
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
hitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,241,126.39
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishOxide View Post
No?

We don't do blind patriotism like the Americans. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Joshua DID change his tune. No doubt about it. Does that mean it's a duck? Hell no. His reasoning for changing his tune was very fair IMO.

- Nobody told us what Wilder would get from the $50m offer. How could Joshua be sure he was getting a fair slice?

- Wilder would have EVERYTHING else in his favour if AJ said yes.

- If the fight exceeded expectations Wilder could have got $55m and Joshua got $55m. As the draw in this situation, AJ is not going to give up EVERY advantage for only 50%.

Let's be real here. If Wilder offered guaranteed $50m or 60/40, maybe 65/35 split? AJ would have probably accepted.
Explain how you came to this conclusion. When Wilderís side was assuming all the financial risks. Especially when AJ isnít a proven draw in America. Which is where the fight would have taken place had AJ accepted the $50M guarantee. The only thing we have to go on as far as AJís drawing power in America is his low TV ratings. Wilderís ratings are actually better.
hitking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:00 AM #135
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2118 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,929,019,449,591,317.00
Total Points: 150,000,004,929,019,447,345,152.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
Look when a fight like this falls apart then the A-side gets the blame every single time because they are the A-side, my point is quite simple. When you are not the A-side then don’t fight over money.
Just what the Hell are you talking about. Deontay wasn't fighting over money. He offered AJ $50 Million plus a percentage of the gate and pay per view fee of which he both turned down.

Wilder agreed to take short money for this bout all along by agreeing to all of their terms and conditions. This fight should have been one of the easiest fights to make in history. Not only did Deontay agreed to give AJ the larger slice of the pie, he even agreed to fight him in his own country.

As I've stated earlier and just as Lennox Lewis so eloquently stated recently, if Joshua really wanted this fight it would have happened. He said he wanted it after the Joseph Parker fight but suddenly changed his tune.

He has no excuses for cancelling this fight because Deontay bent and bent some more but Joshua and his Team just never wanted this fight to begin with but in order to save face, were just to afraid to admit it.
champion4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:09 AM #136
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 3769 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 245,770,296,765,477,224,448.00
Total Points: 100,245,770,296,765,475,454,976.00
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion4ever View Post
Just what the Hell are you talking about. Deontay wasn't fighting over money. He offered AJ $50 Million plus a percentage of the gate and pay per view fee of which he both turned down.

Wilder agreed to take short money for this bout all along by agreeing to all of their terms and conditions. This fight should have been one of the easiest fights to make in history. Not only did Deontay agreed to give AJ the larger slice of the pie, he even agreed to fight him in his own country.

As I've stated earlier and just as Lennox Lewis so eloquently stated recently, if Joshua really wanted this fight it would have happened. He said he wanted it after the Joseph Parker fight but suddenly changed his tune.

He has no excuses for cancelling this fight because Deontay bent and bent some more but Joshua and his Team just never wanted this fight to begin with but in order to save face, were just to afraid to admit it.
If Wilder took short money we would have had this fight signed on the 12.5m flat fee. Try again. If Both sides wanted this fight it would have happened by now just like Lewis said. It takes two to tango.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:44 AM #137
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Zaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,000,009,999,996,682,240.00

Very true words from Lennox Lewis.
Zaryu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:15 AM #138
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2118 Post(s)
champion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond reputechampion4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,929,019,449,591,317.00
Total Points: 150,000,004,929,019,447,345,152.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
If Wilder took short money we would have had this fight signed on the 12.5m flat fee. Try again. If Both sides wanted this fight it would have happened by now just like Lewis said. It takes two to tango.
Since when $2.5 million is a deal breaker? Perhaps Wilder would have taken the $12.5m Flat-fee but Joshua requested a $50 million guarantee, in addition, to the upside of the pay per view sales and live gate.

However, Joshua wasn't permitted to keep it because he had been instructed by his promoters Barry and Eddie Hearn to return it so they could stage the fight in the U.K. Therefore he turned the offer down. To his credit, Deontay Wilder agreed and conceded to all of Anthony Joshua terms and yet still there was no fight.

So it's not hard to see who really wanted this fight to happen and the ones who were actually negotiating in good faith and it was definitely not AJ or his Team.
champion4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:18 AM #139
Contender

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
JohnP2 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnP2 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnP2 has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 29,024.03

Slice it and dice it any way you want, but the boxing world has officially viewed AJ ducking Wilder as
THE BIGGEST DUCK IN BOXING HISTORY
JohnP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:23 AM #140
Enemy of the State

Quoted: 14935 Post(s)
The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,140,568,411,070,046,464.00
Total Points: 100,002,140,568,425,267,724,288.00
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2 &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 GGG-Gullibe Gennady Groupies LMAO - bigjavi973 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Long overdue. For you debating. - siablo14 
So you don't have to share with your mom any more. It is small just like Floyds penis but I don't need to tell you that, you snivelling cuck. - apples I was right to put you on ignore.  I don't like prejudice people. - apples Good to see one of the OG's is still around owning these trolls! - JK1700 Another vibrator from this guy for you also - apples How dare you call me a sh!tty alt just because I insulted your hero Floyd. You are a man stop worshipping other men f@g. Here's a gift you like. - apples 
Keep fighting the good fight - JimRaynor Truce - lfc19titles Truce - lfc19titles 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - lfc19titles 

Lennox is spot on with this assessment. AJ has the right to choose. His choice was Povetkin. Ok accept that he went for the payday before the tougher defense and move on.

You know what is really wrong with boxing- a guy that cheated twice to avoid fighting Wilder gets chosen for a title fight ahead of Wilder.
The Big Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List