No announcement yet.

Understanding GOD...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    So how did all the big bang ingredients come to be? They were just always here? How does that work?

And if you believe that then why couldn't there be a being that created us thats always been here to?

To me logically both stories have problems. Fair play to anyone wanting to believe one or the other. I just personally call bs on both of them.
    Im saying one is evidence based and the other is not. So i side with the actual evidence and not the ancient myths.

Maybe it could of been all created by a god.
    But there is no evidence for that.

I dont think we can call bs on a scientific theory when we dont understand the basics.

Comment

I think humans' minds are extremely limited even after all the progress that has been made throughout the years so far. Limited to the point where comprehending and processing things like God, death, eternity, the true scope of the Universe etc are just not in our reach.
      I think all we can do is work our hardest to be the best humans we can be and be grateful for our existence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Im saying one is evidence based and the other is not. So i side with the actual evidence and not the ancient myths.

Maybe it could of been all created by a god.
        But there is no evidence for that.

I dont think we can call bs on a scientific theory when we dont understand the basics.
        I don't think you understand what I'm saying. You're too into dogging religion & big upping the big bang.

I think your whole "scientific theory" angle is missing one thing. How the f#ck did all the sh^t involved in the big bang come to be? Okay lets say the big bang happened. Did all the sh^t in the big bang come to magically exists like a all knowing entity came to exist on its own? If not where was everything at pre-big bang? And who put it there or created all those ingredients pre-big bang or who or what setup the big bang? Or did all that sh^t just magically happen

Thats the problem I have. I don't even get to the point discussing the finer points of a big bang happening or not happening cuz you're pulling all the ingredients in the universe out of your ass & acting like that magic trick is fine, but the magic trick of a all knowing being is out of bounds.

So like I said both are bs as far as I see them. Doesn't matter if one is more logical to me cuz neither made sense so ultimately neither are logical all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I was never taught how to naught believe in GOD... I’m working on understanding things...
          You can still believe in a god. But those holy books are keeping you away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5VQsqydyRs

I don’t- can’t hurt... anyone,,, anymore.. no more... I’m not sure why the creator exists beyond space, beyond time.. I’m doing my best... everyday.. to not bring shame on myself...I want to believe I’m alive for a reason, I wish GOD would speak to me, tell me what to do....
            Everyone of us has that problem, Z. I believe in God and I think praying is very beneficial. It's great to know him. We'll never understand everything. Some say he speaks to us and I think sometimes that happens, whether we pick up on it or not. The best thing to do is pray really. I can promise you that you won't find any answers on here. Most likely you'll have atheists laugh, non-religious folks say they don't know(like anybody does for sure) but say that they think faith is stupid. Of course, faith means a lot more in dire situations. In day to day life, it's easy to get by without it. I'd say pray, brother. It's the only way to keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
              I think humans' minds are extremely limited even after all the progress that has been made throughout the years so far. Limited to the point where comprehending and processing things like God, death, eternity, the true scope of the Universe etc are just not in our reach.
              I think all we can do is work our hardest to be the best humans we can be and be grateful for our existence.
              I agree with this. We're not really meant to understand these things. People live 80 or 90 years and still don't get it. It's just the way it is.

Comment

So like I said both are bs as far as I see them. Doesn't matter if one is more logical to me cuz neither made sense so ultimately neither are logical all the way.
                I think I get what you are saying, and if I do, then I agree with some of it.

Both approaches, the purely scientific and the religious, leave unanswered questions.

The strictly scientific person may rightly scoff at the simplistic and ridiculous religious theories.

But when the scientific person says that there are theories which explain how the universe came to be according to the laws of physics - the question that isn't answered is 'why are there laws of physics'?

Why does anything exist instead of nothing? Science can't come up with an answer, and religion is just the lies that people make to pretend they have an answer.

Personally I have a radical thought about it. I'm the first to admit that it is the kind of thing that you come up with when high.
                The thing is - does there have to be a 'why'?

What I mean is this: humans are very limited in our ability to think and to reason. This is forced on us by evolution, and our immediate realities, and survival in our environment.
                One of our realities is that we are beings that experience 'time'. One of the rules of this experience is that every effect has a cause that came before it.

In other words, we are programmed to 100% expect that there is always a 'why' for everything. But just because we expect it to be, doesn't make it so. This expectation may simply be forced on us by evolution.

What if there doesn't have to be a 'why'? Remember, when the universe came into existence, the dimension of time also came into existence. That is when we get causes coming before effects. That is where we get 'why' from.

Without time, there is no 'before'. So is there a 'why'?

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                  The thing is - does there have to be a 'why'?

What I mean is this: humans are very limited in our ability to think and to reason. This is forced on us by evolution, and our immediate realities, and survival in our environment.
                  One of our realities is that we are beings that experience 'time'. One of the rules of this experience is that every effect has a cause that came before it.

In other words, we are programmed to 100% expect that there is always a 'why' for everything. But just because we expect it to be, doesn't make it so. This expectation may simply be forced on us by evolution.

What if there doesn't have to be a 'why'? Remember, when the universe came into existence, the dimension of time also came into existence. That is when we get causes coming before effects. That is where we get 'why' from.

Without time, there is no 'before'. So is there a 'why'?
                  Well in fairness you got a why. Cuz there is no before & its just always been.

Idk man. Its still too neat for me & I need more of a logically angle for me personally, but this is such a crazy thing I can't begrudge this theory too much cuz I believe its more on the right path then a god created it all or the big bang did it all by its lonesome.

I still lean towards we aren't real like we think we are real. Although I would maintain there could be some answers in all that quantum mechanics stuff decades down the road cuz everytime I hear or read something about that stuff my first thought is I'm not high enough to understand this crazy sh^t.

Comment

I still lean towards we aren't real like we think we are real.
                    I hear you on this one.

Comment

We are all living on a spec of dust in a universe of hundreds of billions of specs of dust. Our spec of dust is located in an ordinary section of the universe. Certainly if there is a God he did not place our planet in any special place among our hundreds of billion of neighbors.

Comment

Working...
                      X