No announcement yet.

First Amateur Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dimae View Post
    Thanks for your feedback!.Yeah, i notice the thing i do with the hands is pretty useless, i will definetly work the defense, thank you so much!
    You're welcome. I wasn't intentionally being a prick by the way. Just trying to be as brutally honest as possible for ya.

Comment

McNulty always with a top review and advice.

Comment

As expected you received some real good advice and help here. One thing that stood out for me is that you drop the right after sticking out that right jab. Sometimes as far as your waist. This leaves you open.

Good luck and keep going!

Comment

Originally posted by dimae View Post
          Hi! This is my first post here, and i would like to introduce myself first.

I'm a 17 yrs old boxer, who has been training for 1 year, i just did my debut days ago , and i would like to have some external feedback from people who knows very well about the sport.

I lost by decision against a guy with 2 fights already.

I just realised a lot of mistakes, like for example not having a guard, or my punches, wich sometimes went nowere.
          But i have some doubts, like, what do you think are my strongest attributes and the weakest ones, what style would fit me best? How would you see me fight the best?

I would love some opinions,specially constructive feedback , not just from my trainer and people around me, Thanks a lot!

Here is the link of the fight footage (i'm the guy in black, red gloves): https: //youtu.be/ FTV_3ITbSpM

( i don't have 15 posts so i can't put the link directly, so delete the space after https: and be/, all should work fine)
          Honestly you need to work on everything. Especially fundamental boxing technique.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            McNulty always with a top review and advice.
            Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
              You spend too much time posing, dancing around in range and looking at your opponent. I can't stand that little thing you keep doing with your hands, which I assume you consider a feint move. Sort of thing you see in a Martial Arts movie. As a result of all the "feinting" and moving your defense is seriously lacking. You would benefit from having a more traditional, higher-held guard. It doesn't have to be stationary.

As you got tired and you stopped with the movement and "feinting" you basically had no defence. I noticed you bringing your gloves up and tapping your headguard several times, as if to remind yourself you can defend if necessary. The problem is it isn't an "if necessary" thing. You need to drill defense into your makeup.

On the front-foot you look like you have that side worked out. Your attack will benefit also from being more defensively minded. You jump in often, and again, with low hands or your "epic feint" move, and your opponent is able to catch you when you're trying to get your stuff off.
              This is exactly what happened to me on my first smoker. I had a lot of footwork, a lot of movement. A lot of feinting. And when my opponent committed, I ate a lot of punches.

Good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post

Overall: D+

Things to Fix:
                1. Jab: Stop probing and commit (1-3), use angles.
                2. Footwork: Stop fumbling forward and work on Footwork + Combination Punching. Get your left foot out of 9:00 and toes facing 10:00-11:00. Get your rear foot on the ball.
                3. Defense: Get a high guard.
                4. Punch Form: Punch from the chin.
                5. Combinations: 3-5 punch combo's.
                6. Stop Unnecessary Movements: Be more calculated.
                7. Body Work: Shoe-Shine when you get him on the ropes.
                8. Cut Off The Ring: Must have.
                9. Center Command: Learn about taking over the CENTER of the ring and make the other guy move around. Cut the ring off when needed.
                10. Conditioning: Work on those Abs!

Things I Liked:
                1. Your cardiovascular conditioning was pretty good.
                2. You're tough when getting punched to the head.
                3. You're aggressive.
                4. You often punch first.

Hope this helps. Good luck and send us more film.
                You love coaching. I'm impressed by your commitment and attention to detail.

I would have just told him to stop moving so damn much and relax. Make your jab sneaky and mix in your hook. And keep your defense up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  You love coaching. I'm impressed by your commitment and attention to detail.
                  I may ask McNulty for similar notes when I fall short in the bedroom.

Comment

Working...
                  X