No announcement yet.

AJ/Ruiz purse is an 8 to 1 ratio?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
    First of all I dont think any publication truly know the numbers, I bet sometimes they are pretty close but most of the time way off...second i dont know why the interest in b side purses are a thing all of a sudden. Joshua has been much fairer to b side fighters than many superstars of the past, if you consider what some fighters made against Tyson, mayweather, Roy etc.

Joshua is very fair...Andy Ruiz has made similar money in these two as Juan Manuel Marquez made in 5 fights against Floyd and Manny...think about that for a second. He made $17 million in two fights, after his previous highest pay day was barely 6 figures. If he beats Joshua again, I'm sure he'll get a bigger cut against Wilder and Fury, that's generally how things go...Joshua didn't become a cash cow over night, he won the Olympics, he kept winning and getting kos, eventually against good fighters. He had the right ingredients, but he also earned that position by taking on some dangerous fights.
    Fair enough, maybe because I hadn’t noticed media coverage of salaries that I’m still shocked at Ruiz’ fleecing. But still, a champ with a fan friendly KO, not a decision win, he’s really not getting any respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
      Hearn turned the tables then on PBC as the last paragraph is a common PBC/Mayweather talking point. Ruiz advisors should have put monetary negotiations in the court of public opinion to turn the tide in his favor to eek out just a bit more. All the dad bods of the world would clamor for Ruiz to get a respectable salary commensurate with his belts and accomplishment.
      Aye you clown! Im a huge Ruiz fan and I hope he wins the rematch but real boxing fans like myself don't give a flying fucc how much Ruiz is earning for the fight.
      I just wanna see them fight again!
      Only male groupies like yourself get involved in all that $ earnings bullshet!
      You Fool's aren't getting any of Ruiz's money so what the Fucc do you care how much he's getting paid???
      All that talk about all the Dad bods of the world would clamor for Ruiz to get a respectable salary is comedy!
      Real boxing fan's don't give a fucc about none of that!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        Aye you clown! Im a huge Ruiz fan and I hope he wins the rematch but real boxing fans like myself don't give a flying fucc how much Ruiz is earning for the fight.
        I just wanna see them fight again!
        Only male groupies like yourself get involved in all that $ earnings bullshet!
        You Fool's aren't getting any of Ruiz's money so what the Fucc do you care how much he's getting paid???
        All that talk about all the Dad bods of the world would clamor for Ruiz to get a respectable salary is comedy!
        Real boxing fan's don't give a fucc about none of that!
        No need for name calling. Just say you disagree. Do you treat people like this in person, too?

Innovation and change happens when someone sees a process or something that is “wrong”. PBC saw something in the boxing game and decided to change the game. I hope you don’t troll them for wanting better for boxers. I see disadvantaged people getting mistreated and I say something about it. You can be a meek person and stay quiet to injustice or be part of something that looks out for the little guy.

Comment

Ruiz has 0 leverage. He wanted the fight on short notice and knew Hearn had 2-3 other options.
          So he signed what he had to in order to get a shot at the heavyweight titles.
          Hearn picked the site and Ruiz got a guaranteed fee. Hearn threw him a few extra dollars to get it done.
          Hard to feel sorry for a guy going from 100k to over $15 million in a year. Plus win or lose Ruiz will get some more good paydays against Haymon’s PBC guys.
          Your worth is what someone is willing to pay and the Saudi’s said AJ was worth what he got.
          Nobody forced Ruiz to sign that contract. If your that upset about it you should point the finger at Haymon. He didn’t think Ruiz would win so he advised his guy to sign it all away.

Comment

Unless you're a huge star and the champion isn't, you have to agree to terms for the rematch in order to get the first fight when you're a voluntary challenger.

If you're Andy Ruiz, and you make 4 million for the first fight, and if you win, 10 million for the second fight, why leverage do you really have? If you turn it down, where else are you going to make that money?

Comment

AJ was very much the A side going into the first fight and the contract for the first fight probably made sure he would get most of the money in a rematch if he lost. Ruiz probably had to agree to take a very short end in a rematch or they would have found another replacement. It was a take it or leave it situation so Ruiz took it and became champion. No rule I know of makes sure the champ gets more than the challenger. The champ should get more but in this fight he gets a hell of a lot less. If Ruiz wins again I think he becomes the A side and can make some huge money but getting 10 million bucks for one fight is not so bad. AJ has always been a huge money maker and very well paid.

Comment

AHHHHHHH, So pocket watching is ok again now cuz its a Matchroom fighter. Joshua cant help it if he is a world wide mega star. Ruiz is getting WAY above market value for the fight.

Comment

Ruiz is getting good money along with Aztec TV money, so he'll probably gross over 15 mil. At least he isn't stupid like the Alabama fool, crying about AJ's money. Just several months ago Arum was tossing him to the curve, saying, he was no good.

Comment

Because Hearn had rematch clauses and this is what you have to accept if you want the first fight

Ruiz knew what he was signing up for. He’s still making great money anyway. He isn’t gonna make that money against anyone else, even if it’s 8x less than AJ.

Comment

Holy sht, SA threw $80m at Joshua? No wonder he agreed to fight there. Damn. Good for them I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X