Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'David Haye is the GOAT cruiserweight'

According to Denium.
    You can't make this stuff up

He's gone from wishing cancer on Mr. Haye to claiming he's one of the greatest cruiserweights of all time.

someone get this poor lad to a mental hospital with his senile uncle lacedup, med's are needed ASAP

Baiting to get people in, then retracting and explaining what Denium actually said.

Obviously, you wouldn't know this being a total newbie to boxing, but the division hasn't been around for long and was more or less always a stepping stone for the heavyweights. Literally among the least glamorous divisions in boxing.

Haye can easily be classified as one of the best CWs ever, though his stint at the top was short. Not many other unified the division, and pretty much all champions fought abysmal opposition except for a few.

David Haye is a solid top 5 champion of the division. Could be argued top 3.

Comment

It's nice his senile uncle has come to his defense.

Two title fights at Cruiserweight

Enzo Mac: Knocked out by literally every single decent guy he fought. chin made from paper mache.

Mormeck: No where near his prime, was nearing the end of his career and haye still got dropped.

GOAT cruiser tho

again. YDSAB.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        It's nice his senile uncle has come to his defense.

Two title fights at Cruiserweight

Enzo Mac: Knocked out by literally every single decent guy he fought. chin made from paper mache.

Mormeck: No where near his prime, was nearing the end of his career and haye still got dropped.

GOAT cruiser tho

again. YDSAB.
        This is the result of a youtube fan. One who didn't know who David Haye was when he was champion.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          This is the result of a youtube fan. One who didn't know who David Haye was when he was champion.
          what is the point of you posting? you can't refute my points or make any kind of coherent argument.

Move aside Evander, david haye has stepped into the realm of the greats after that KO of enzo!

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            what is the point of you posting? you can't refute my points or make any kind of coherent argument.

Move aside Evander, david haye has stepped into the realm of the greats after that KO of enzo!
            I would have to ask you the same thing. You obviously weren't around at the time of the fights, so why are you posting about them like you were? You say Enzo was knocked out by every guy he faced, yet I seem to remember him beating Braithewaite, who could punch. He was a champion, not a particularly good one, but it was a fight the public wanted to see. He had a big KO ratio and people then said he could KO Haye. As I said, I know you didn't follow boxing then, but I can dig up some old threads for you.

Haye was talking about heavyweight in 2006. His ONLY goal was to become THE champion at CW which he achieved when he beat Mormeck - Who many believed was the favourite as Haye was still very much known for gassing if he couldn't get his opponent out of there.

You mention Steve Cunningham, but Cunningham wasn't a name. He had won a title that he lost very very quickly again. He was going all over Europe to fight for $50k because nobody wanted to see him in the states. nobody was asking for that fight at all and everybody knew Haye was moving up to heavy as he had already fought there before or shortly after he fought mormeck. I don't remember if it was before or after.

Haye became unified, recognized champion with something like 20 fights. He did well at CW all up until his last fight and since he was there I don't believe anyone unified the titles.

So he has a very strong argument to be considered one of the best CWs there was. As I said, top 5 arguably top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              I would have to ask you the same thing. You obviously weren't around at the time of the fights, so why are you posting about them like you were? You say Enzo was knocked out by every guy he faced, yet I seem to remember him beating Braithewaite, who could punch. He was a champion, not a particularly good one, but it was a fight the public wanted to see. He had a big KO ratio and people then said he could KO Haye. As I said, I know you didn't follow boxing then, but I can dig up some old threads for you.

Haye was talking about heavyweight in 2006. His ONLY goal was to become THE champion at CW which he achieved when he beat Mormeck - Who many believed was the favourite as Haye was still very much known for gassing if he couldn't get his opponent out of there.

You mention Steve Cunningham, but Cunningham wasn't a name. He had won a title that he lost very very quickly again. He was going all over Europe to fight for $50k because nobody wanted to see him in the states. nobody was asking for that fight at all and everybody knew Haye was moving up to heavy as he had already fought there before or shortly after he fought mormeck. I don't remember if it was before or after.

Haye became unified, recognized champion with something like 20 fights. He did well at CW all up until his last fight and since he was there I don't believe anyone unified the titles.

So he has a very strong argument to be considered one of the best CWs there was. As I said, top 5 arguably top 3.
              Instead of writing an essay that says absolutely nothing, why don't you explain why beating Enzo mac and an ancient mormeck qualifies him as the GOAT ?

it's simple you can't.

you made a feeble attempt at trying to big up enzo with the Braithewaite win and that gave that up, and instead blabbered on about his heavyweight dreams, all of which have nothing to do with 2 win's, ( neither of which are particularly great)

Really we're talking about 1 win. agaisnt mormeck, who in his prime was a fantastic fighter and will definitely be in the top 10/15 GOAT cruiser's.

Did haye fight a Prime Mormeck?

no.

Did haye get dropped by a Mormeck who was coming to the end of his career

yes.

'hes got loads of knockouts tho, and he got the titles'

nevermind who he knocked out ( mostly total bum's) or WHO he fought for the titles

that's the extent of your argument, Using logic might be some use to you bud.

Comment

Haye is one of the top Crusierweights ever.

That's because it's probably the weakest division ever.

Johnny Nelson is probably in the top 5 for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Haye is one of the top Crusierweights ever.

That's because it's probably the weakest division ever.

Johnny Nelson is probably in the top 5 for crying out loud.
                  I don't care how weak it is, david gaye being mentioned as the GOAT is blasphemy.

have these casual's/spastics never heard of Evander holyfield ffs?

triangle theory > Carl thompson > david haye

Johnny Nelon > Carl thomspon

therefore Johnny Nelson > David Haye.

Comment

Holyfield >>>>>>>>>

Comment

Working...
                    X