Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i hope amir kanh dont get hurt,look at these crazy owrkouts his new coach is makinghi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    who is this guy and what is his background?

where is tony brady?
    Apparently he's been let go. He's not worked with Berto for some time and he wasn't with Ward in his last camp.

Comment

I guess these elite level fitness guys spend more time at their desks working up these routines than in a gym.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
        they r clearly trying to bulk khan up which imo is not a good idea since speed and movement is what they want to keep for a guy like ncanelelo,but instead they trying to up his power which isnt going to happen in just a few months time,
        Even beyond that, looking past the Alvarez fight (getting the sense that I'm unlikely to be heading out to watch), how is Khan going to get back to 147 good, to compete against Danny Garcia and Kell Brook (his other money fights at this point)?

Having to come back (after Ramadan) and stripping 20lbs off of his body (with more of that weight now likely being solid muscle), his punch resistance is likely to go to ****, with the speed likely impacted from the stripping as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Even beyond that, looking past the Alvarez fight (getting the sense that I'm unlikely to be heading out to watch), how is Khan going to get back to 147 good, to compete against Danny Garcia and Kell Brook (his other money fights at this point)?

Having to come back (after Ramadan) and stripping 20lbs off of his body (with more of that weight now likely being solid muscle), his punch resistance is likely to go to ****, with the speed likely impacted from the stripping as well.
          He really is not gaining anyweight, just no cutting

Comment

For a scheduled strength & conditioning session, Khan's attitude and lack of focus were pretty poor. Either he doesn't like pushing himself in a manner he's not accustomed to or he's doubting this guys methods.

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
              For a scheduled strength & conditioning session, Khan's attitude and lack of focus were pretty poor. Either he doesn't like pushing himself in a manner he's not accustomed to or he's doubting this guys methods.
              Yea that had to be the laziest workout session i have ever witnessed

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
                He really is not gaining anyweight, just no cutting
                Fair enough, I guess. Was under the impression that he's gone from working down from 161/162lbs, generally from bloat, to now coming down from 164/165lbs, of generally lean muscle mass.

When the cut has to come back, it's my impression that it'll be different from before (where Virgil Hunter has already spoken of the cut to 147 already being difficult when it was just bloat coming off)

Comment

The first couple of movements were fine: not a fan of cables for squat/lunge movements but in certain instances they are ok and the weighted hip thrusts were ok also - really not sure why he's not doing them with a kettlebell, but it still works.

That conditioning work is nonsense though, those movements come with a real injury risk when you get tired and form breaks

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
                    Yea that had to be the laziest workout session i have ever witnessed
                    And from a professional athlete going into the biggest fight of his career!

I've always got the impression with Amir that he's a little molly coddled. Until getting with Hunter he's the prime example of a fighter that's been allowed to train to his strengths rather than training his weaknesses. That's why so much of his game is virtually non existent.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒearless View Post
                      What they told me is that the purpose is to draw any "bad blood/dead blood/toxins" lingering around from internal bleeding or injuries. The first time they showed me my blood from the injury it was very dark almost black from a nasty back injury, it got much better after that but I was also doing everything they told me to - stretches, exercises, etc. I'm still a bit skeptical with alternative medicine but you can't argue with results.
                      I think this cup therapy for khan is similar to Thurman and algieri wearing "special beads". It probably isn't doing anything but if it psychologically helps in any way it's worth doing

Comment

Working...
                      X