Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Chael Sonnen talks about UFC 148, his future, Jon Jones and more...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Chael Sonnen talks about UFC 148, his future, Jon Jones and more...

Best post fight loss interview I have seen in a loooong time. I hope a lot of boxers and boxing fans took note. Didn't make excuses from a loss, didn't knit pick little things(Marquez stepping on Pacquiao's foot)

"You can't expect people to rejoice and cheer for you in victory if you don't know how to handle defeat."

Comment

Not buying it. He had me untill he said the knee hit his face. He is just very subtle in his ways to discredit the champion. Sonnen is a liar and always will be, and the fans have eyes so they know the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        Best post fight loss interview I have seen in a loooong time. I hope a lot of boxers and boxing fans took note. Didn't make excuses from a loss, didn't knit pick little things(Marquez stepping on Pacquiao's foot)

"You can't expect people to rejoice and cheer for you in victory if you don't know how to handle defeat."
        Oh yeah, how about how he cried like a biatch since the first defeat, how Silva isn't the champ, he lost the fight and didn't tap etc...

The man cried like a hoe after CHEATING and begged for the rematch.

Oh and his team were going to object the knee and holding of the cage.

Comment

Sonnen choked and he should make true to his word and retire, he's never getting another crack at silva again and he is gonna get merked at lhw better go to wwe

Comment

Originally posted by Jadon View Post
            Oh yeah, how about how he cried like a biatch since the first defeat, how Silva isn't the champ, he lost the fight and didn't tap etc...

The man cried like a hoe after CHEATING and begged for the rematch.

Oh and his team were going to object the knee and holding of the cage.
            I would properly reply to you but I've read some of your posts....

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
              Not buying it. He had me untill he said the knee hit his face. He is just very subtle in his ways to discredit the champion. Sonnen is a liar and always will be, and the fans have eyes so they know the truth.
              He's not discrediting anybody, you're just desperately nitpicking and trying to spin ***** because you don't like him.

Fans also don't care if Chael lied about anything, only Anderson fans who are for some reason, still bitter and angry.

Chael fights his butt off and he entertains with his gift of gab. Nobody seems to care about what he does outside of the cage, if he may or may not have cheated, if he is or isn't a convicted felon. He fights and he entertains and as fans all they want is to be entertained.

Roberto Duran is a quitter, Mayweather and Monzon beat their spouses, Tyson was a rapist, Ali was a racist. Yet they all have legions of loyal fans who shell out their hard earned dollars to watch compete.

Chael is no different.

Comment

that knee had alot of power, if it hit him in the face it wouldve knocked him out imo. it hit him in the chest but the thigh smashed him in the face. again, as powerful as that strike was he probably felt that too and might have thought the knee got him to the face.

regardless he was as classy in defeat as i have ever seen. he might very well think he was at the wrong end of some poor choices, even though i dont think thats the case myself. whats important is he realizes thats part of the business and part of life and isnt complaining about it.

fans dont realize how much hard work and dedication it takes to reach this level, sonnen dedicated his life to winning that belt and he came up just short twice. all the pain and sacrifice for each fight, year in and year out only to fall just short of your goal and dream. for him to take it the way he has shows alot of character, you cant help but to respect and admire that regardless of what you may think of him and some of his previous statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                  He's not discrediting anybody, you're just desperately nitpicking and trying to spin ***** because you don't like him.

Fans also don't care if Chael lied about anything, only Anderson fans who are for some reason, still bitter and angry.

Chael fights his butt off and he entertains with his gift of gab. Nobody seems to care about what he does outside of the cage, if he may or may not have cheated, if he is or isn't a convicted felon. He fights and he entertains and as fans all they want is to be entertained.

Roberto Duran is a quitter, Mayweather and Monzon beat their spouses, Tyson was a rapist, Ali was a racist. Yet they all have legions of loyal fans who shell out their hard earned dollars to watch compete.

Chael is no different.
                  I know he is discrediting Silva because he has never said that the knee hit him in the chest. Even IF the knee hit his chest while his thigh hit him face at the same time, the fact that Sonnen has never mentioned a strike so significant shows it. Even the most idiotic Sonnen fanboy can see the knee landed on his body and that it took the wind out of him and ruined him, yet mr. TRT has never mentioned it. His only response is either "I don't care where the knee hit me" or "the knee hit my face".

I can see right through him. He has always been a liar and all of his trolling coupled with that is why I never take anything he says seriously.

And btw, the only reason he appears "classy in defeat" is because he has no CHOICE. He just got beat into submission, embarassed, no mas after more than 2 years of trash talking. Of cource he is humbled a bit.

But the fact that he discredits the champ in subtle ways and tried to overturn the decision of the fight contradicting his earlier words, shows he deserves no respect. He should take up his promise and leave the UFC forever. The loser.

Comment

I know he is discrediting Silva because he has never said that the knee hit him in the chest. Even IF the knee hit his chest while his thigh hit him face at the same time, the fact that Sonnen has never mentioned a strike so significant shows it. Even the most idiotic Sonnen fanboy can see the knee landed on his body and that it took the wind out of him and ruined him, yet mr. TRT has never mentioned it. His only response is either "I don't care where the knee hit me" or "the knee hit my face".
                    Chael mentioned (in case you turned off the video early) that he hadn't watched the film or a replay.

The knee itself did hit him in the body but his upper thigh also connected with his face if you watched the fight.

But pointless arguing with a surprisingly still butthurt Anderson fan. If or if not Chael is discrediting Anderson, does it really upset you that much? Grow up.

Oh boo hoo. A guy who lost to the champion is discrediting him. This directly affects my life and takes away from his greatness. Jesus, change your tampon.

And btw, the only reason he appears "classy in defeat" is because he has no CHOICE. He just got beat into submission, embarassed, no mas after more than 2 years of trash talking. Of cource he is humbled a bit.
                    He was classy initially the first time he lost. Then he goes back to trolling and trash talking.

Chael plays a character to sell and fight and rustle your jimmies. How have you not figured this out by now?

But the fact that he discredits the champ in subtle ways and tried to overturn the decision of the fight contradicting his earlier words, shows he deserves no respect. He should take up his promise and leave the UFC forever. The loser.
                    lol you're an idiot. Chael didn't file the appeal to overturn the loss, his coaches did. In fact Chael even told them he didn't want them to appeal the loss. So just be quiet. You don't know what you are talking about.
                    Last edited by Jack3d; 07-14-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X