Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you guys so high on Diego Corrales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight with Castillo will go down as one of the greatest fights In the history of boxing. It was the best fight I have ever seen. As far as being mentioned along Mosley, Mayweather, Pacquiao ect, I really don't think so. Love the guy as a fighter though.

Comment

Isn't it amazing how people who don't know **** about boxing are always experts at making excuses for Floyd's opponents? 49-0 for them means 49 excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Hindsight bias. If you weren't watching boxing at the time you wouldn't understand how Corrales was viewed. He was a top 10 p4p fighter.
        He was top 5 P4P.

Comment

I always wonder about the reason for these pointless threads? To get people to think less of DC? So what if some of us think highly of him? Let the guy rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
            Look im not bashing Mayweather or not giving him credit for his win over Corrales. It was a great win over a young undefeated champion. Mayweather was amazing in that fight.

I just dont recall people putting much emphasis into fighters being top 10 p4p back then. Top 10 p4p is something fans have only battled for in the last 10 years or so. Pre-2000 or so i just remember people only caring for who is number 1 p4p.

So if boxrec or Ring had their top 10 p4p list back then, well it didnt mean much and not all fighters got a fair shake in the ranking.

I give Mayweather credit for beating a young weight drained undefeated champion in Corrales, not for beating a top 10 p4p'er, since back then it was way more subjective than it is even now.
            Talking literal nonsense.

P4P Rankings only been battled for the last 10 years? Hilarious.

Published P4P lists have been around and debated for over 30 years.

And yes Corrales was P4P #5 when Mayweather fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              p4p has been around since the 60's...you are really exposing yourself
              Larry do you know how to comprehend? I said people have only cared about the top 10 p4p for the past ten years or so. Has p4p rankings been around for a long time, of course. But dude you have only started watching boxing since 2006 when Floyd came into your sexual view, so you dont know how the p4p thing used to go down.

About pre-2000 or so fans didnt give a fuk about who was top 10 p4p, they only put emphasis into who was p4p number one. That is fact.

So if there is a p4p top ten ranking around 2000 then those ranking are way more subjective than they are even now and you cant put much cred. into it.

But fuk it Floyd beating Corrales was a great win but dont try and put more into it than what it really is. I bet you think Corrales is a hall of fame great too huh.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Talking literal nonsense.

P4P Rankings only been battled for the last 10 years? Hilarious.

Published P4P lists have been around and debated for over 30 years.

And yes Corrales was P4P #5 when Mayweather fought him.
                Dude if you followed boxing back then, then youd know the top 10 p4p ranking wasnt as focus as it is nowadays. Did they have top 10 p4p rankings for years, of course. But dont act like there was this huge emphasis on it back then, because there wasnt. Thats fact

Debates and ranking centered mainly on who was p4p number 1 and the top 10 p4p was more subjective and 1000 times more subjective than it is now.

Comment

Dude if you followed boxing back then, then youd know the top 10 p4p ranking wasnt as focus as it is nowadays. Did they have top 10 p4p rankings for years, of course. But dont act like there was this huge emphasis on it back then, because there wasnt. Thats fact

Debates and ranking centered mainly on who was p4p number 1 and the top 10 p4p was more subjective and 1000 times more subjective than it is now.
                  Again, you are talking literal nonsense.

The P4P Top 10 list has been debated since the day they made official published lists of it which was the 1980's.

They are no different now or had any more relevance "in the last 10 years" than they ever have been. It's just complete nonsense you are talking.

Corrales was considered one of the best fighters on the planet P4P. That is a fact.

Comment

Larry do you know how to comprehend? I said people have only cared about the top 10 p4p for the past ten years or so. Has p4p rankings been around for a long time, of course. But dude you have only started watching boxing since 2006 when Floyd came into your sexual view, so you dont know how the p4p thing used to go down.

About pre-2000 or so fans didnt give a fuk about who was top 10 p4p, they only put emphasis into who was p4p number one. That is fact.

So if there is a p4p top ten ranking around 2000 then those ranking are way more subjective than they are even now and you cant put much cred. into it.

But fuk it Floyd beating Corrales was a great win but dont try and put more into it than what it really is. I bet you think Corrales is a hall of fame great too huh.
                    So orginially you tried to claim that Corrales wasn't P4P top 10 at all.

Now after you've been provided with evidence that he was P4P #5 when Floyd fought him you have come out with this backwards bat**** theory that the P4P list has only counted for the last 10 years.

Bull-****.

Comment

He was 23 years old and his record was 33-0 with 27 knockouts, and had manfredy and garcia as destroyed targets in his CV. 23 years old, man. At 23 years old those fighters that you consider great fighters nowadays were just taking their mother's breasts (with the exception of the ginger one). Corrales was an absolutely exceptional fighter, that got destroyed by a freaking extraterrestial, floyd's performance was mindblowing.

If you've been watching boxing long enough to have seen corrales fighting, you know that corrales was a freaking beast, a hell of a fighter. No doubt about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X