No announcement yet.

Wilder/Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    Peter won a split decision over Tony and a unanimous decision in the rematch and made Toney look bad. Peter is 6'.

Their 1st fight was a robbery, people were outraged at the decision as JT clearly won, the 2nd fight Peter brought in the proper coaches and adjusted to his style.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Their 1st fight was a robbery, people were outraged at the decision as JT clearly won, the 2nd fight Peter brought in the proper coaches and adjusted to his style.
      I wasn't outraged...maybe it was close but definitely not a schooling by Toney. If anything Peter schooled Toney in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        I wasn't outraged...maybe it was close but definitely not a schooling by Toney. If anything Peter schooled Toney in the rematch.

I remember several posters saying they wouldn't watch boxing anymore, it was pretty controversial. JT was peppering his face with jabs, avoiding Peter's punches and when he did get hit took them very well.

Peter did win the rematch, but what was JT going to do? Obese and at that age, it's not like he was going to get any better or train harder especially after that decision. He showed up for a paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Wilder needs to fight someone relevant first

Joshua would end Wilder pretty quickly
          Based on what? If that's Wilder in there yesterday, he KOs Joshua in that 6th round. The only real question is can Wilder take if Joshua lands something big. Based on what we saw yesterday, there's no way Joshua takes Wilders best punches now can Wilder take Joshuas? I could see it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            AJ cant possibly lose to Wilder. Wilder has no skills, just power but he cant deliver the power vs a top fighter. His resume is the worst and most embarrasing of a longer reigning Heavyweight champion ever.
            Wilders resume is almost as pathetic as g strings right?

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Wilder has nastiest power in boxing. AJ isnt getting up after a Wilder right hand..
              and even if he does, Wilder won't let him off the hook like Wlad did.

Comment

Nothing better than a 50 50 fight that can literally end at a moment's notice. I CAN'T WAIT!

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Nothing better than a 50 50 fight that can literally end at a moment's notice. I CAN'T WAIT!
                  Who is the girl in your avatar pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    Wilder, pretty easy for him too. See how many people believe Wilder's a terrible boxer even though he has some gorgeous KOs? They legitimize that belief with predetermined ideas of what boxing should be, but the fact that they believe it means they've already taken the first bit of Wilder's bait.

Look at the history of power hitters. The full history, from 686 BC not just today's version or just to LPRR. Wilder's not the first guy to look amateurishly bad, be outboxed the whole fight, never appear to have lost confidence, and win by KO consistently. There's a format, Wilder just follows it. The reason these guys have never heard of it circles back to those predetermined ideas about what boxing is. Hit and don't be hit, **** like that. It's not that they've never heard Teddy Atlas break this down before they just don't absorb it because it doesn't fit their mold of what a good boxer is.

AJ's easily baited and gets comfortable with looks, he'll happily accept his skills are superior and when he does he'll get knocked out.
                    One of my favorite analysts from the YTBC, Barry Robinson, breaks down Wilder's style. He calls it "Big Man Game Formula." It's really fascinating to watch exactly the game plan Wilder employs and why its so effective. Wilder has supreme confidence which allows him to be PATIENT and CALM knowing full well he only has to land right one time for his opponent's night to end.
                    Last edited by SkillspayBills; 04-30-2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

This will be a great fight, Wilder is taller with a longer reach he's also faster. His right hand is his best punch and Joshua can be hit by it, but Joshua is heavier fights better on the inside and is just the more complete fighter. Wilder has a solid chance but I think Joshua more likely wins. Hopefully the fight happens so we can find out.
                      Last edited by Someone88; 05-01-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X