Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor Was NOT Successful in Getting Nevada Boxing License

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    Undercards have a lot to do with buyrates. Woodley vs Wonderboy was a fight that could have headlined a PPV on its own because the hardcore fans wanted to see it. Also Holm vs Tate was a huge fight because Holly had just defeated Ronda Rousey. Let Conor fight with a bunch of nobodies on his undercard and I doubt his PPVs do as well.
    I don't know where you get that from. They add little to nothing to buyrates. The average UFC PPV without a major star headlining it does around 200,000-300,000 buys, the difference in which could easily just be normal number fluctuation rather than anything to do with the undercard. Woodley vs Wonderboy was worthy of headlining a PPV, but if they had, it would have almost certainly been within that range as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Lou has serious mental issues.....ease up on him.
      Better make up a few new alts....Lou Cipher exposed you and the people are on to your ways....gotta get new "posters" to come to your rescue every post LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
        You dont just get handed a license here like other states. They literally come to the gym and watch you spar. Thw physical is really in depth too. I had to even produce a health permit from the tattoo studios i had been tattooed at in the previous year. They dont play
        Great info, thanks for sharing. That is great to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
          You're a pro athlete that happens to spend all his time on a boxing forum...dumbest mother****er I've never seen.

BWaHaahaaHA!!!

Comment

This fcking bum ain't no pro lol

Has anybody ever seen this can?

On an undercard or anything..?!

We don't know you bum lol

Comment

You're 29 right..?!

If that's the case you should be in the prime of your boxing career AND WE NEVER HEARD OF YOU CAN

Again anybody ever seen this can?!

Anybody..??

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                I don't know where you get that from. They add little to nothing to buyrates. The average UFC PPV without a major star headlining it does around 200,000-300,000 buys, the difference in which could easily just be normal number fluctuation rather than anything to do with the undercard. Woodley vs Wonderboy was worthy of headlining a PPV, but if they had, it would have almost certainly been within that range as well.
                That is not true. UFC has been doing over 500,000 buys even without huge superstars on the card. If a card is not capable of pulling that number they will not put it on pay per view. Those cards get relegated to UFC fight nights. They aren't as stupid as boxing promoters.

You have to be seriously naive to think Conor is pulling 1.5 million buys completely on his own.

Comment

pssssh this is just cause his mcgregor, reminds me of the paris hilton thing when they gave her 2 for 1 and she got out early, they world threw a fit and the judge had get re arrested and put back in jail to do the flat time, freaking stupid cause now you treating her unfair cause of who she is cause regular criminals get 2 for 1 ALL THE TIME but cause she was paris hilton she couldnt lol. Same thing here, cause conor mcgregor is conor they not gonna give him the license to show he dont get special privledges but they give 1000 of license out to real bums lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    I wouldn't say Conor made himself. He had a serous push from the UFC. The UFC is his promoter. Conor likely wouldn't be nearly as big if he was fighting in Pride or Bellator. And Conor's PPV numbers benefit from the fact that all his fights have a stacked undercard. The last fight he took without a stacked undercard was the Mendes fight which did around 800 thousand PPVs.

Floyd is his own promoter. Top Rank wasn't promoting the way he wanted to be promoted which was why he left. Imagine if Floyd left top Rank earlier, he would have been a superstar likely earlier in his career.

The supposedly most stacked card of all-time with McGregor headlining did exactly the same as McGregor's last fight against Diaz.

UFC 202 (Connor's rematch) didn't really have a stacked card at all... The two co-mains featured Cowboy, and Rumble.

McGregor vs Diaz I wasn't stacked either, and it did about the same!

Connor is pretty much a lock after the Aldo fight to do 1.3 million...

And fights 3 times a year usually... If he just keeps winning, say 2 out of 3 fights, enough to stay relevant and popular; in 10-15 fights time he will most likely outsell Floyd in terms of total PPV buys.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                      Guys at my local gym would give McGregor the business. Stick to MMA and stay in your lane.
                      well said...

Comment

Working...
                      X