Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting on muscle to enhance power is for idiots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MelvinWin View Post
    Agree and disagree. I don't think a boxer should be worried about having too much muscle, but they should be worried about having lean muscle. Good strong lean muscles in the shoulders,hips and legs are what I think is important.
    Wrong, lean muscle still ruins your cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      Wrong, lean muscle still ruins your cardio.
      I honestly disagree the lead coach at my gym has a lot of lean muscle and holds the world record for kicking a bag for 36 hours straight.

Comment

I honestly disagree the lead coach at my gym has a lot of lean muscle and holds the world record for kicking a bag for 36 hours straight.
        he would do it better wo the lean muscle

that "record" is competing with virtually no one

the real best endurance athletes that compete with the best of teh best and many 1000's of others ALL look like skeletons

your coach is competing with about 3 other sad cases for that "world record"

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          he would do it better wo the lean muscle

that "record" is competing with virtually no one

the real best endurance athletes that compete with the best of teh best and many 1000's of others ALL look like skeletons

your coach is competing with about 3 other sad cases for that "world record"
          By "skeleton" do you mean like lean with the muscle and vines popping out? In no way is he fat or anything you basically just described him. As for the sad cases part don't make it seem like its not something worth recognizing thats a pretty good accomplishment in my eyes.Kicking something for that long. We can agree to disagree.

Comment

By "skeleton" do you mean like lean with the muscle and vines popping out? In no way is he fat or anything you basically just described him. As for the sad cases part don't make it seem like its not something worth recognizing thats a pretty good accomplishment in my eyes.Kicking something for that long. We can agree to disagree.
            No, he means less muscle and less fat. Like extremely underweight. It's far harder for your body to pump blood through muscles while your exercising because it's actually being used. Fat just sits there and does nothing.

The record thing is an agree to disagree kinda thing I guess, personally I wouldn't go for it but that's me

Comment

Originally posted by motivational View Post
              No, he means less muscle and less fat. Like extremely underweight. It's far harder for your body to pump blood through muscles while your exercising because it's actually being used. Fat just sits there and does nothing.

The record thing is an agree to disagree kinda thing I guess, personally I wouldn't go for it but that's me
              I think I understand.

Comment

I believe there is a difference between muscle built by lifting weights and muscle built by using your own body weight(like push ups). They didn't let Mike Tyson touch weights really when he was with Rooney and Cus. Floyd doesn't use weights really except those 2 or 3 lbs shadowboxing barbells and ankle weights. Rigo trains with small weights just like Floyd.
                From my own experience, I must admit it doing lifting for a time rather than doing push or pull ups caused me to feel slower after a month or so, and I had to quit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                  I believe there is a difference between muscle built by lifting weights and muscle built by using your own body weight(like push ups). They didn't let Mike Tyson touch weights really when he was with Rooney and Cus. Floyd doesn't use weights really except those 2 or 3 lbs shadowboxing barbells and ankle weights. Rigo trains with small weights just like Floyd.
                  From my own experience, I must admit it doing lifting for a time rather than doing push or pull ups caused me to feel slower after a month or so, and I had to quit it.

I disagree.

I think the muscle built is the same, but the push ups pull ups etc are more compound in nature, and so give better functional strength and performance, until you can do too many reps which is pretty much right away, so you have to use additional weigh etc to keep them useful.

Olympic lifts I have found and squats n deads I have found make me faster than ive ever been in my life. Many athletes use them so you are wrong on this one.

Its the BODYBUILDING methods that slow people down and ruin their cardio, many trainers dont intend to use body building methods but do by mistake (e.g. above 3 reps max training thinking its an endurance adaption, but actually its just creating loads of sacoplasmic hypertrophy)

The whole old school vs new school training is r-tarded,the best from both worlds should be used, but no one seems to be on that level of knowledge in the US, despite all the money and elite trainers, its fcuking ******ed that at such a high level someone like me a broke nobody can tell elite trainers they are dumbasses. The Russians and Eastern Europeans seem to be closest to optimal training, I cant criticize them they are doing nearly everything right, except maybe too much muscle mass in some cases, but they got it in very functional ways and are never short on endurance.

Someone like Glovokin is great on endurance and power but has alot of muscle mass, if I was his trainer id have him at the same level of strength and explosiveness or at a higher level, but in a smaller weight division ie less muscle mass (except for the neck id give him more muscle there) that way he would dominate a weaker division even more brutally with even more endurance, range, speed, and relative power. So id basically reduce his sacoplasmic hypertrophy (big but weak muscles) and increase his myofribula hypertrophy (barely noticeable but strong muscle, glovkin has already developed these well) and nervous system adaption.
                  Last edited by AlexKid; 05-26-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I was thinking about what you were saying, we all know that force = mass x accelaration and since the boxing glove has a huge mass and surface area, you'd think that the faster you can throw the punch would be the more powerful the punch. Some punches also use more muscles than others, an uppercut is mostly the muscles on your bicep/tricep since it's a curling like movement but straight punches seem to come from speed and power from your body.

Honestly, the lean muscle thing shouldn't matter. The human body is capable of far more than 12 rounds of 3 minutes each with a one minute break between. That's what, 24 minutes of exercise? The more muscle the better in my eyes, aslong as it doesn't affect your speed. Any good fighter should be able to get through a fight without stamina hurting them too bad. There's honestly no point being any fitter than you need to be, being able to do 100 rounds of 5 minutes wont benefit you in a 12 round fight. (3 rounds if it's olympic)

Comment

Originally posted by motivational View Post
                      I was thinking about what you were saying, we all know that force = mass x accelaration and since the boxing glove has a huge mass and surface area, you'd think that the faster you can throw the punch would be the more powerful the punch. Some punches also use more muscles than others, an uppercut is mostly the muscles on your bicep/tricep since it's a curling like movement but straight punches seem to come from speed and power from your body.

Honestly, the lean muscle thing shouldn't matter. The human body is capable of far more than 12 rounds of 3 minutes each with a one minute break between. That's what, 24 minutes of exercise? The more muscle the better in my eyes, aslong as it doesn't affect your speed. Any good fighter should be able to get through a fight without stamina hurting them too bad. There's honestly no point being any fitter than you need to be, being able to do 100 rounds of 5 minutes wont benefit you in a 12 round fight. (3 rounds if it's olympic)
                      Too dumb to comment on, probably a dull tard troll attempting to make me feel dumb when its he who is the dumbo wasting time tricking ppl on the net, with tricks that can be impossible to see coming?

Comment

Working...
                      X